Set up

1. according to zwift youtube videos, the dongle is supposed to easily plug into the usb extension cord for improved pick up. Mine does not plug in. It does not come close to fitting.
  2. Bluetooth won’t turn on no matter what I try…then suddenly it is on when I am not even doing anything. 
  3. 1st use, after struggling for an hour to get things working, my HR reading was intermittent even though it was consistently reading on my bike computer (O-synce navi2coach). Now it won’t pair at all. I have an ANT+ HR monitot from another device so I tried that. Nothing.
    I’m extremely frustrated by this. I’ve spent more time messing with this than I have riding with it. There is an entire video explaining how to put your bike into a trainer, but 2 seconds on plugging in a dongle that is purported to fit, but doesn’t. Frustrated beyond belief.

Have you got the correct extension cord? It should have a female end with the ANT+USB stick having a male connection. Try plugging the ANT+ USB stick directly into your computer it still will probably work. 

Not sure about bluetooth but if you are using a Mac/Windows and ANT+ then you don’t need it to use Zwift. 

As for the heart rate monitor pair the ANT+ one with Zwift. They do have to fit quite tight around the chest I have found otherwise they don’t seem to pick up heart rate well. Pair it while you are wearing it.

It is a little bit of a learning curve at first.

Can you tell use the make/model (Trainer and HRM) of the devices you are trying to connect to Zwift, this will help us in assisting you.

Are you trying to connect using Bluetooth or ANT+?

Are you using a PC or a Mac to run Zwift?

If the dongle you have does not plug into the extension you have then one of them is the wrong type, they should look like this: https://shop.zwift.com/products/zwift-ant-starter-pack

O-synce navi2coach
Cyclops fluid
ANT+ but I’m trying anything to get HR (1st time it was intermittent, but accurate when on, and bike computer worked just fine. Now it will not pair. Not by ANT and not by Bluetooth.)

I have the USB and dongle that were sent to me as the starter pack. I CANNOT get the dongle to go into the USB extension cable. The best is maybe half way in. I’m not going to jam it in and break delicate electronics. IT. DOES. NOT FIT.
I keeping getting responses telling me to check that I have the right cable and dongle. I have what Zwift sent. If it is the wrong equipment, then I need the correct sent immediately, at no cost to me. I also got one saying the dongle is snug and I need to push hard. Well, no, that didnt work, and if it is going to be hard and quite snug, then the directions should say so from the outset. Ive spent hours on this. Its ridiculous.

I’m using a PC that is quite up to date and meets all the requirements for operating the system.
The dongle does NOT fit. Period.

O-synce navi2coach
Cyclops fluid
ANT+ but I’m trying anything to get HR (1st time it was intermittent, but accurate when on, and bike computer worked just fine. Now it will not pair. Not by ANT and not by Bluetooth.)

I have the USB and dongle that were sent to me as the starter pack. I CANNOT get the dongle to go into the USB extension cable. The best is maybe half way in. I’m not going to jam it in and break delicate electronics. IT. DOES. NOT FIT.
I keeping getting responses telling me to check that I have the right cable and dongle. I have what Zwift sent. If it is the wrong equipment, then I need the correct sent immediately, at no cost to me. I also got one saying the dongle is snug and I need to push hard. Well, no, that didnt work, and if it is going to be hard and quite snug, then the directions should say so from the outset. Ive spent hours on this. Its ridiculous.

Ok, skip the USB extension and just plug the dongle into the PC.

How far away is the PC from the trainer?

Ignore the O-synce navi2coach, you do not need a cycling computer to connect to Zwift.

What HRM are you trying to use with Zwift?

What Cyclops fluid are you referring to? A link could be helpful.

What are the make/model of your PC and the specs.

I have assisted a lot of people in getting up and running on Zwift so I know we can solve this issue.