Separate iPhone companion apps for two users

I’ve been on Zwift using an Apple 4k TV for 2 yrs and have been using the Companion app and it works well. My wife just joined Zwift, has a separate paid account, but uses the same Apple 4k TV as me. We downloaded the Companion app onto her iPhone. When she rides Zwift on her account and opens the Companion app on her phone, my name and my info are on her Companion app and I can’t figure out how to get her Companion app to recognize her as being the one riding. Solution? Thanks in advance.

Log out of the ZCA and make sure she is logging in using her email address and password.

1 Like

Hi @E_Borgnes
If 1) both the game app and the Companion app are logged in to the same account, and 2) both devices are on the same WiFi network, it should work as expected. Please verify both points are correct?

That might be the problem. I did not log out of my Companion app on my phone, but then I didn’t think that I needed to since she downloaded the Companion app onto her phone and it never asked for her to sign in. Therefore, I assume that the shared Apple TV or our shared wifi only allows one person to be signed into the Companion app at a time. Right?

1 Like

Are you and your wife both on iPhones with family sharing activated, that might be the cause, but you should be able to log out on her phone and have her log back in without issue.

Hi Shuji - A related question - I would like to log in with ZC (Zwift companion) app on an old iPad, which displays a nice large map, and sits nearby on a music stand. But it is hard to reach quickly for interactive features (and tends to fall down if I am not careful). I would like to log in at the same time with my iPhone, which is small enough that I can attach it with rubber bands to my stem, which is easy to reach for power-ups and ride-ons. Is it possible to have 2 devices connected to Zwift via ZC?? (no luck so far)

No, you can only run the ZCA on one device at a time. Think of it like Bluetooth, it is a one-to-one connection.

I was hoping for a janky workaround, like maybe having one device on WiFi and one on Bluetooth. Or using the cellphone as a bridge to a 2nd device. Or linking both via an Apple TV. Creative suggestions appreciated.

Again, it is a one-to-one connection. There is no work around 2 get another device connect to the Zwift App using the ZCA. The ZCA ONLY connects to the Zwift App over your local network.

Hi there , trying to follow up on this . I have an old iPhone and started to use it just to run the companion .In the beginning it worked perfectly , but now it doesn’t connect anymore. when I go back and restart the comanion on my current Iphone it works ok . I have been looking for a"logout" on the companion phone application , but couldn’t find one . all of them are connected to the same network . Thank you for helping out . Maybe restart of the new Iphone would release the connection ?