Route profile while riding

Hi Zwifters,

I know this has been mentioned before but…

I would love to see a route profile (for the whole route) and distance remaining for rides where I have selected a route. I know that this isn’t possible where I change the route as I go but where I select a specific route up-front, this would be very helpful.

Rouvy shows the whole route profile at the bottom of the screen (where Zwift shows the graph of wattage), including the total distance of the route and how far one has ridden in that route.

Thanks,

Ed

I’m new to Zwift (and indoor training - third ride today) and I had wondered why I couldn’t see a distance remaining or even an obvious finish line on a preset route so I’m glad you asked. I’d really like to know how far it is to complete a lap of the route as I’d feel a bit defeated if I copped out before the end of a whole lap. Come on, Zwift - it can’t be that hard. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The best resource for route distances, including the lead-in, is www.zwiftinsider.com Make sure to check their lists of routes before you start riding to know what you are in for.

1 Like

@Edward_Dixon and @Avril_Jones , that is indeed one of the common complaints and feedback to Zwift.

@Mike_Rowe1 mentioned ZwiftInsider, another great resource is www.zwifthub.com which is a nice way to filter and see basic ride length, elevation, and map info. I find it even quicker than ZwiftInsider though Insider has great textural descriptions if you want more than just the pictographic info of Hub.

1 Like

Welcome to forums @Edward_Dixon @Avril_Jones :blush:

1 Like

Thank you. That’s an excellent site! So much to learn and discover …

1 Like

Indeed, there is a wealth of resources surrounding Zwift that are user created. Other sites to check out include:

Zwiftalizer
ZwiftInsider
ZwiftHacks
ZwiftPower

Enjoy your exploring

100% agree, especially when it comes to climbing. I do not want to do a route with a 1-3km climb in the first 10 minutes.
The presence of multiple blog sites with the route profile information shows there is a need for this in game.