Route info

Blows my mind this doesn’t exist. You choose a route. And hit ride. Now, you never ever see details of the route again. There needs to be a progress bar on the screen while riding to view the route details start-finish. As well as a bonus “pbs” along the way, other route options from where you currently are on the map and I’m sure a few more could be added here.

Not sure why this isn’t higher. It’s been a frustration of mine too.

If you’ve chosen a route at a minimum it should tell you what one you’re doing. The distance left on the route would be icing on the cake.

2 Likes

It would also be nice to be able to click on the map or view it in the companion app and have the route you’ve selected highlighted. I sometimes can’t remember where the rest of the route is going.

I’m just starting out and was wondering if i’m going insane… why can’t i see my progress around the currently selected route? crazy!
No distance remaining indication that i can see, no highlights on the map. It seems like super basic functionality, i hope someone can show us how to find this info!

2 Likes

Up! I was thinking the same!, How is that zwift doesn’t show that BASIC data!, It should include averages, pace, ETA, distance, at least!

I’m not going to say this isn’t a good idea, but I think Zwift’s thinking is, generally, that riders can make manual turns at any intersection and that once this happens they are no longer on a route, and any timing or progress just gets thrown out the window. The only routes I know of that have a timer are the ones that offer a ‘lap leader’ jersey for the fastest time.

In a lot of ways this is just like being outside, I suppose, and once you become familiar with the route it’s not a big deal anymore.

1 Like

This is besides the point. If you don’t make any other turns and you follow the route that was chosen, I want to know how far it is to finish. How far I’ve come. How I’m comparing to my PB. What the profile looks like coming up. This is a game this is not reality. Therefore the game should have these features. Also things like “the next climb is one you suffer on, save your legs and pace yourself” … things like this take this platform to the next level.

I guess it all depends on what you want out of Zwift, which will never be able to please everyone. Personally, I would find all of that annoying. I don’t have any of that IRL, so why do I need it in Zwift? I ride the routes, learn what they are like and, in time, I know all of the things you are wanting Zwift to tell you up-front. To me this is just a part of the whole experience, just like it would be IRL.

1 Like

I would love it if you could lock into a route so that you don’t accidentally change direction. If you locked in the route it could always pop up a message to tell you to unlock if you want to change course.