Riders on Other Side

It would be nice to be able to flip the “Riders Nearby” info to the other side to see who is riding the other side without disrupting your ride. That way it is easier to track down friends and groups without turning around.  

+1

How about a sorting of the rider’s list, so those riding the direction you are, are on the top of the list, then a gap in the middle, and the riders riding the reverse are on the bottom of the list. 

If you flip around and ride reverse, those lists re-sort themselves to orient to the new direction and riders on “your side” now. 

I did a quick mock-up to try to describe what I’m referring to, attached here:

Pretty cool, but during races and Jens’ like rides we need the whole leaderboard for one side due to the concentration of riders. Maybe it should be toggleable that we can see the full list on either side, just by pressing R?  The riders on the other side that should display are the ones nearby if you turned around immediately. Eventually both lists will highlight your friends riding, I Think?

I don’t think there’s enough screen height to manage that appropriately, without cutting off the other useful bits of information (grade, route, sensor data, etc.)

Sticking all of this data into a single, consolidated UI is no easy feat. I don’t envy the developers having to make these tough choices at Zwift. 

What about a scrolling list of riders, vs. the “+51 more” option we have today? 

There’s probably also room in there for having the people who are active in Group Message to float to the top of the list, i.e. “last active talker” or something similar. 

I’m yearning for some sorting options on the leaderboard, which aren’t there today (by Country, by Time, by Age, by k/wH, by Name, by Gap, etc.). 

Quite a bit to think about, and shoehorn into a single UI that has to also accommodate the lower screen resolutions, not just 1080p/HD. 

Those are all GREAT ideas.