Resistance on Tacx flow smart

Hi.

Seems to be no resistance on hills today ans yesterday when i rode on my smart trainer. Its connected to my pc via the tacx ant+ dongle. Do you have any solutions for this?

Alex

Hey Alex,

In checking your account a bit, I noticed you don’t have an FTP set and that can affect the amount of resistance you’re feeling in-game. When you have a bit of time to spare, please try completing an FTP test and if you’re still noticing a lack of resistance, please open a support ticket with us or let us know here.

Hi.

Thanks for the answer, il try that although i had noticable difference in resistance during my trail periode. It just suddenly didnt work on friday.

Hey Alexander,

I’m thinking that’s just coincidental. I don’t see any differences in pairing between when you used to be on a trial and pairing after signing up for an unlimited membership aside from adding in a Heart Rate Monitor.

Now that I take a closer look, I have more of a feeling this is an issue with your FTP because I can see you used to have one set. When you were on a trial, your FTP was 230, but now it’s set to 0.

Hi. Just got a Tacx Flow Smart recently from a friend. He got it new from warranty about a year and a half ago and just used it once. Unfortunatelly I feel no resistance. I’ve been using Zwift but already tried Tacx App and RGT and I feel no resistance also.

I connect my trainer with an iPad Air via Bluetooth. I have never had a problem connecting it.

@Miguel_Silva1 in the pairing screen I assume you are selecting the Tacx Flow as a controllable trainer as well as the power meter? Is the Flow connected to any other source as a controllable trainer that may be overriding Zwift?

Yes! Zwift detects the trainer in a few seconds as controllable trainer.

Trainer difficulty set to the maximum.

The lack of resistance also happens in Tacx Training and RGT. Tested in an iPad Air and in a Surface

It’s not possible to use another app at the same time since it won’t recognize the trainer

Have you downloaded the Tacx Utility App to see if there is a firmware update available?

Yes of course. I check for updates every time I use the trainer. I believe there’s something wrong in the resistance unit

If it’s not providing resistance even through the Tacx app you will need to reach out to Tacx/Garmin directly as that indicates an issue with the trainer itself and not Zwift.

Good luck and hope it gets sorted for you quickly.