Recommended Treadmill

Want to purchase treadmill to do some marathon training on it. Any good recommendation ? Looking for commercial one with Zwift. How about curved treadmill ? Also, anyone using curved treadmill for long run ?

Thanks

Id say any relatively modern treadmill would be fine. My personal preference is a wider deck and strong fans to keep me cool. Some sort of shock absorption technology is great to reduce strain. The treadmill at my local gym is probably 8-10 years old and works without issue. For Zwift I use Garmin Forerunner 245 which is generally 100-300m incorrect for every 6km I run but I consider that “good enough”.

I purchased the assault fitness air runner (curved treadmill) and ZWIFT was one of two apps that it promotes as working with it. The treadmill is great, its non powered and I feel like I get a much better workout on it not having a motor moving the belt for me. Its also easier on my hip flexors. I use an IPad for ZWIFT it connects to the treadmill (logs speed and distance) and a Scosche Rhythm+ armband heart rate monitor for my heart rate.

I purchased the Bowflex BXT116 during shutdown today replace a 10 yr old treadmill. I absolutely love it. It has a wide running base (for me at least at 5’4) and no issues with Bluetooth connectivity especially with Zwift. I do notice that Zwift runs 0.1 of a mile slower than what is programmed on my treadmill but not a huge issue for me.

I have a low budget dumb York Fitness Aspire which I bought for pennies secondhand. I fitted a new belt and it works great. I’m currently in marathon training too - so right now, apart from the absence of incline control it works fine for me. Let us know what you get.

Hello. I bought a great treadmill for morning exercise 2 years ago and am very happy with it.