Ramp Test Issues

Hey All,
I’m new to Zwift & just performed my first ramp test lite. I’m on a Wahoo Kickr bike & everything was fine up until about 200w when the resistance became so hard that it became impossible to turn the pedals. I stopped and it eased off but happened a few times. Any advice appreciated? :blush:

That is what a ramp test is supposed to do, it basically just gets harder and harder until you can peddle no more. It does sneak up on you very quickly, everything feels fine until all of a sudden it doesn’t.

2 Likes

Hmmm, ok, i’ll try another next week & see what happens.

1 Like

If you want, you could try one of the FTP tests rather than the ramp tests. This is where (after a warm-up) you go as hard as you can for 20 minutes (in free ride mode, not in ERG mode).

In theory the FTP test will give a more accurate result than a ramp test (since if you’re good/bad at very short-interval high power efforts then that will distort the ramp test result).

However, in practice the FTP test is hard to pace correctly (getting everything out there for 20 mins without blowing up early), so you’ll likely need more than one go at it.

1 Like

@Darren_Somerton I know this is 12 months old but did you ever try the Ramp test again? I am having the same issue, where the resistance spikes and I simply can’t turn the peddles. I know this is what the test is supposed to do but not when I’m still peddling comfortably with plenty left in the tank. For me it only happens above 300w (see photo), everything works perfectly up to this point. My Kickr bike is paired correctly (each of Power, Cadence and Controllable via bluetooth), ERG mode is ON and I have tried moving the bike around the house in case there is some interference from somewhere, but the same thing happens every time. I’ve also tried using Ant+ but still the same thing happens. It’s doing my head in…

Today I did my first Ramptest and I had the same problem.
everything perfectly fine when all of a sudden the resistance increases tot a point where you can’t turn the pedals. This all within the 1 minute @ 400w. And 420 everything was fine again and at 440 it happend again.
Any ideas on this?

Same issue here, again with wahoo Kickr Bike and ramp test:

Really would like to get a statement from Zwift or Wahoo

1 Like