Privacy Settings Request - incognito mode

Nudge nudge nudge… :slight_smile:
Let’s go - incognito mode… come on Zwift.

1 Like

You think? it may apply to your scenario but not every scenario. I’m not sure you should judge.

2 Likes

Zwift needs proper privacy settings.

If I want to take some time in the middle of the day to ride I’d rather not have everyone being notified of it. If they seem me on course I suppose it’s okay, and also seeing events after the fact is okay too depending on privacy settings; but I don’t want to show up in the “riding now” screen in the companion app unless I choose to.

Two scenarios this privacy breach could be problematic: your ex tracking you (is there a ban functionality?); you telling someone, could be your boss or a friend, you’re not home and then they see you on Zwift.

tl;dr Other people should not know what I’m doing at X time of Y day in my own house unless I decide it’s okay.

5 Likes

Je suis complètement d’accord avec vous. Je trouve que dans notre vie privée personne ne devrait être au courant de ce que l’on fait à la maison.

C’mon Zwift, sort it out.

This is not a hard one to implement surely.

2 Likes

This would be good, sometimes I just want to ride on my own without having to disconnect the internet.

1 Like

Another up vote here. I would have thought this would be a fairly straightforward privacy setting to implement.

1 Like

Sorry folks, Zwift are too busy changing fonts to worry about your privacy. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Can’t understand that this thread is so old and this easy thing haven’t been solved yet :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Also upvoted this.

And if notifications do stop getting sent, and my company is worried that employees are Zwifting on company time…I volunteer to be the company Zwift monitor, spending my days cruising around Watopia looking for coworkers to report.

1 Like

You can also ditch your account, start a new one using a different name and just don’t follow anyone and don’t allow anyone to follow you.

And set it to upload to something like TrainingPeaks where nobody else sees your activities.

You would lose your levels, badges and everything else unfortunately. I guess that’s the price for privacy.

The question is whether that should be the price for privacy though :slight_smile: We all seem to like to compare Zwift to what we can do IRL when talking about features, and IRL my friends would recognize me on the street if they saw me. But IRL I can also choose to go ride somewhere where I know they won’t be, and no one is going to shoot them a text message letting them know that I’m doing it.

They’ve said elsewhere on these forums that they are currently overhauling their whole privacy setting scheme, maybe this will or could be part of it. I’ve suggested in another post the ability to ‘Ride Without’, designate a ride when you start it as one you don’t want people to join you on. This could be part of that idea. Just don’t put up any signs external to your account and external to the in world game that you’re doing the activity at all.

3 Likes

I would like to be able to ride without my account appearing in the companion app as someone who is currently riding. Many times I would prefer to not have followers/friends know when I am currently online and would like to be able to switch off anyone seeing me as online in the companion app and hide my avatar while riding in Zwift instead of having to start a ride and then turn off internet connection.

RIDE ON

3 Likes

There have been a couple of suggestions around increased privacy in Zwift. This seems like a useful option.

I’m not sure “shadowban” is the correct description of what you want though.

2 Likes

Pushing this request up. Please implement. I was digging through the settings and was completely confused that I did not find anything alike. This is crazy.

So yes, please implement. No one needs to care how I structure my day and when I go for a ride. For example - On WFH days I sometimes use breaks between meetings or when a meeting got cancelled to do a quick workout and do some other work stuff at night, when kids are at bed and/or my wife is riding…but not everyone likes or understands :wink:

1 Like

I would certainly like this option to be able to ride without others seeing me in Zwift. Sometimes I just want to ride alone without other riders drafting me or knowing I’m there.

4 Likes