Pizza slices burnt

The feature comparing how many slices of pizza burnt after a ride can be triggering to those suffering with eating disorders as it uses the comparison that excersize should be carried out in order to counteract ‘unhealthy foods’.

Is that really the intent? I always thought it was just meant to be fun.

5 Likes

Pizza is unhealthy? In a recent episode of GCN on youtube they asked a bunch of Pro Tour riders what their favorite food was and at least 70% said pizza.

2 Likes

As it turns out, “favorite” doesn’t preclude “unhealthy.”

1 Like

Then again, there are no unhealthy tour pros.

I would argue that “fit” or “strong” (and certainly they are “thin”) or whatever word we might use to describe a tour pro… none of these words preclude “unhealthy” either. But at this point, we risk derailing the OP’s thread. Perhaps we’ll have to agree to disagree.

:ride_on:

Is pizza necessarily unhealthy? One of my favorite pizzas is a margherita: pizza dough (flour, water, salt, oil, and yeast), tomato sauce, garlic, dabs of fresh mozzarella, and basil. (Be sure to add the basil after cooking). What’s so bad about that?

Hi OP,

I actually came to the forums to see if anyone else struggled with this. I don’t know if this forum is still active, but I’m sorry those in the comments invalidated your original post by disputing whether pizza is ‘unhealthy’.

I have always struggled with equating food to exercise and “earning” food (any food, for what it’s worth- “healthy” or not).

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for sharing your thoughts. Not sure if you’ll see it, but hopefully for those who come to this forum like I did- your journey with eating and exercise is your own! My ask is that Zwift enable the pizza setting to be turned on or off, please. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Agreed with this 100%. I’m sure more men use the platform but it’s something to be mindful of when building a product. Easy toggle off and would be perfect.

2 Likes

I agree and would prefer an ‘opt out’ option, speaking as a Whole Food Plant Based eater.

1 Like

people are so sensitive these days

2 Likes

Eating disorders aren’t restricted to one sex so I fail to see the significance of this statement.

1 Like

Almost like the narrative has been driven by one specific sort of person for generations, and those people who aren’t like that would like parts of the world to represent them.

What you see as ‘sensitive’ might just be some people saying ‘maybe the world doesn’t have to be structured from the starting point of making ‘the bro’ comfortable.’

On the gender issue, substantially more women than men experience disordered eating, although it’s true men do experience it. This research shows that ‘exercise as compensation for eating’ is one of those places where men are closer to women in percentage. But it’s still the case that disordered eating is more prevalent in women than men.

2 Likes