I have a performance issue with a Thinkpad P14s (20S4-000EGE) with a dedicated NVIDIA Quadro P520 GPU in addition to the integrated intel card.
The graphics performance of zwift is very poor, i.e. much slower than my old six-year-old thinkpad I used before. The game graphics are slowly stuttering in wavelike pattern. This is very noticeable, it also affects the riders cadence clearly. This happens on any resolution setting (low, medium or high), I have the feeling the resolution doesnt affect this issue.
I am using Windows 10 Pro (Version 2004, OS build 19041.685), Zwift Version 1.0.59353, Companion App 3.20.1
After finding out that the performance ist so poor, I already tried the following:
- I set the Power mode in Windows 10 to best performance
- In Zwift I set the battery saver option to: Off - Max Speed
- In the NVIDIA Control Panel, I set the zwiftApp.exe to be run by the NVIDIA processor
- In the Windows 10 graphics settings, I enabled the hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
- In the Windows 10 graphics settings, set the zwiftApp.exe to be run with high performance (i guess this also means by the NVIDIA processor)
- I checked with the NVIDIA system tray tool, if the zwiftapp.exe is running on the NVIDIA GPU
- I disconnected the external Display (HDMI) and checked the performance directly on the Laptop Screen
- I updated the driver with the latest version provided by lenovo
Anybody, any ideas? Thank you very much for your efforts in advance!