password field needs to support copy/paste - Mac

(Jed Schneider) #1

This is an annoying but important UX issue. If you have any sense at all, you use something like 1Password to sync and encrypt passwords.

Explanation for other beta users (the dev team probably gets this right away)

Zwift (on Mac at least) logs you out on quit, so you have to enter your password on every program launch. Without support for copy/paste users will choose simple, easy to remember passwords, or the one they use for other services, which places that password at risk - even if zwift stores it on the database as an encrypted string which they most likely do - in the case of a data breach. We can assume that it is not if but when a system is exploited, so your best defense is to never use the same password twice for two services, and change them often.

please, please, please allow the clipboard access to the password input for both registration and login, or at the very least, persist my session across application launch.

thanks!

(tedder .) #2

yep. This is bad. I had to simplify my password so I can type it manually.

(Edgar Petrone TGIF) #3

I haven’t simplified my password and it is annoying to have to copy it manually every time I log on. Please can something be done about this soon or before it goes out of Beta.

(Justin Wagner TeamODZ (A)) #4

Amen, this needs to be fixed.  Or in the very least allow the user to tell the app to remember their login, which should be implemented as storing whatever access token is generated after logging in, and not just store the user’s PW in plain text in some file.

(Jed Schneider) #5

I think this is fixed now. seems to work on my machine on the latest release

(Justin Wagner TeamODZ (A)) #6

Confirmed, I just tried the latest version and it’s working now.

(Paul Nesfield) #7

While this now works it’s a pain having to populate both fields (I use site-specific email addresses so don’t always remember them).

I use the following Applescript (saved as an application) to launch Zwift, enter my username (replace the text username with the login email address), and leave the text entry point in the password field. Of course this script could be modified to enter the password and send {return} to click the Log In button too.

on run {input, parameters}

tell application “Zwift”

launch

activate

delay 2

tell application “System Events”

keystroke {tab}

keystroke “username”

keystroke {tab}

end tell

end tell

return input

end run

(Paul Nesfield) #8

PS the ‘delay 2’ waits for 2 seconds before sending the keystrokes. If the delay is too short it can be increased to wait for longer.