Not joined to the event i registered for

Over the past 3 weeks i have failed to join 7 of the 10 events i have registered for.
Today i registered for an event at 08:10, the event was to start at 13:30. I had a reminder set for 1 hour before the event.
When alerted i started up my laptop and logged into zwift, paired my devices and decided to warm up 10 minutes before the event in one of the London rides.
8 minutes before the event no alert on screen or in the companion app, i checked the companion app and i was ‘going’ was still highlighted for the event.
5 minutes before still no prompt via the laptop or companion app.
I decided that this time i wasnt going to restart and try and join i was going to record this ■■■■ show as its just another ■■■■ zwift bug.

I was riding for 10:47 minutes as my event started and at no point did the companion app or the game app on my laptop prompt me to join.
This is the 7th time from the past 10 events that this has happened to me.

In the past i have restarted everything and often due to the length of time zwift can take to login have missed the event.

I work for a gaming company, if Zwift coders would like any advice on how to create a good UX or even how to acknowledge users feedback constructively then get in touch.

That is not normal.

1. While you were riding did you see the map on the companion app?
  2. When you logged on to Zwift did you see going next to the event?
  3. Did you use the companion app the sigh up?

Unfortunately it’s very normal UX for me.

1. While you were riding did you see the map on the companion app? - I saw the ‘Greater London’ map that I decided to ride while I waited for the event to start. It worked as always. As did the Windows Zwift game app on my laptop.
  2. When you logged on to Zwift did you see going next to the event? - No. This happens often. I generally login 1 hour before my event starts. Get my devices talking to Zwift and join a ride to get warm and make sure all outputs are working ok. On 3 recent occasions as soon as i start the ride i see the option to ‘join event’ and normally i wait until i am automatically taken to the event unless i feel like getting in the ‘pen’ early.
  3. Did you use the companion app the sigh up? I used the companion app to sign up as I always do. Prior to October I occasionally had a problem joining events from Zwift. Since October i have had 7 event join failures despite being in the game well in advance of the event starting.

What device do you use for the companion app?

The only time I saw that happen was when the phone (companion app) was not on the same network or if was not logged in to the same account.

Companion app is running on OnePlus 9 Pro (Android)

As I mentioned, the map on the companion app knew i was in game mode, i will try and attach the screenshots i took on my phone.

Ok you have me stumped.

This issue happens to me very often. When it doesnt work is totally random.

My workaround is that i deselect “join” then press join again. Then i get the prompt to join the event.

Happens to me a fair bit too but like Rick I deselect join and then click join and the in game prompt to join event appears. It works all the time doing it this way. Never missed an event because of it.

Same for me yesterday - first time in long time (probably annual). Realised with a minute to go so un-joined etc as per Rick above and all good.