Noise reduction of trainer and turn off smart control

(M aurice&Linda) #1

I’m very happy with the ability to turn off the smart control of my trainer (KICKR) in Zwift, but still use the power meter readings from same trainer (via ANT+).

I found that I do prefer to turn off smart control, and set the trainer resistance (level) with the Kickr App.

In this way, I can use lower gears and produce less noise (good for my sleeping children). In addition, I do have to shift my gears much less. I found that a lot of shifting gears is a bit annoying, when training indoors. In the end, it’s just the amount of Watts produced that do matter.

I really enjoy using Zwift in workout, Ergo mode. Then, I can also use very low gears to make noise level of the trainer very low.

To conclude: Ability of setting the trainer resistance level in game mode would make the software complete to allow for individual changes of behavior of smart trainers.

(Lindsay Ruppert) #2

We actually do allow you to set the resistance level on controllable trainers within Zwift!

For regular rides, select Settings from the pause menu. A slider option labeled Trainer Difficulty will allow you to adjust the level of resistance you feel on the course from 0% (equivalent to a non-controllable trainer - no resistance) to 100% (real life resistance matching the course grade).

In workout modes, you can also adjust the resistance. During Free Ride segments in ERG mode, or any time during a workout with ERG mode disabled. In these situations, you can adjust the base resistance of your trainer up or down by using the + and - keys on your keyboard, or the buttons labeled Resistance on the Action page of the Zwift Mobile link app.

I hope this helped! Ride on!