No XP showing at all Tour of Watopia Stage 1 [March 9 2022] [SOLVED]

I was in another event, finished it and save/exited to the Start/Home Screen. After that I went back to Watopia and clicked on ‘Join event’ for the ToW Stage 1 event. (MacOS)

I was free riding before and after the Tour routes and getting the expected 20XP/km.
I ran Zwift on my iPhone.

I rode the standard ride and received points. Didn’t end and save, jumped to the next hour ride and did short ride. Did not receive points. iPad OS 15.3.1

We’ve identified a bug that impacts double XP in Tour of Watopia events. This bug occurs when a Zwifter warms up prior to joining their Tour of Watopia event, declining the initial “join event” prompt, and later joins the event without first ending their warm-up session.

We’re working on a fix that awards the correct XP when you do more than one ride in a session. This fix will be automatic and not require any update to the game, but we don’t yet have an ETA on when this will be implemented. We’ll update this thread as there’s progress to report.

We have identified a workaround, which requires you to end your previous ride session and return to the drop-in screen prior to joining your Tour of Watopia event.

We are unable to credit accounts with additional XP.

6 Likes

I did stage 1 last night (UK time). Warmed up for 10 minutes on Tempus Fugit, then hit the Join Now button with 4 minutes to the start (before the countdown ended and without ending the ride) and as far as I can tell had no issues with XP on the stage, every time I looked at the right time it added +40XP and I got the bonus for completing the route at the end.

Thanks for this. I had the same problem but it was only for the first 6-7k of the C ride at 7am UK time. Running it on an ipad pro - had updated the version of Zwift just beforehand.

Activity URL: 1031691403803000864

I have the same problem (did a 11 km pace partner ride) and did not recieve 440 (11 x 40) XP.

@ shooj I can not believe that it is not possible to give players the missed out XP. But when it is true you guys can not do that I think we as paying customers need to be redeemed in another way.
Besides that I think the workaround is a complete joke as the problem need to be fixed asap as most riders do not know the problem or workaround.

This has nothing to do with Tour of Watopia.

Can you raise your issue with support and they should be able to help you.

James, I think what Sjaak is saying is that he did a 11km warm-up with a PP before doing a ToW ride. The lack of XP in the first 11 km of his ToW ride is in line with the bug that’s occurring for some others. See Shuji’s workaround(s).

I read this as not getting XP for the Pace Partner ride, although the numbers are a bit weird.

Roule is right I did a warm-up of 11KM with a pace partner. The first 11KM of the Tour ride I did not recieve the XP.

PS: I am from The Netherlands and my English is not perfect. Sorry for that.

1 Like

No, it’s me that should be sorry! Sorry for misunderstanding.

3 Likes

Runnign macOS Big Sur (v11.6) on Macbook Air
TOW stage 1 @ 11:00am EST

I rode the middle distance of Stage 1 yesterday and received all XPs as expected (40/km). I then went straight to the short distance at the next hour mark, without leaving the app (so the iOS app on my iPad had been running for ~1 hour). I did not receive any XPs for that event.

UPDATE: We’re working on a fix that’ll be released ASAP. Will keep you posted as we get closer.

6 Likes
  1. I was warming up in Tempus Fugit (completed ~20km) and automatically transferred to the starting line for ToW Stage 1 (group B).
  2. I saw 40XP at most/all 1km marks, but none actually added to my XP total (s/b +1,160 additional XP)
  3. I’m using AppleTV app, ver 1.23.0 (100541)
  4. No, this AppleTV had been dormant since my last ride on 2/28/22.
  5. Have never had to force quit Zwift on this AppleTV.
  6. activity/1032685229556367408

If I do stage 1 (B) AGAIN, will I earn XP?

Double XP for every ToW event you ride. Been doing multiple stage 1 events by now and have happily received double xps.

I started warming up in Tempus - did 4km then joined event. My 40XPs didn’t start to appear until 5km mark in TOW event.
I suspect the 4kms recorded in Tempus were cached in my overall session, possibly why I didn’t see any XPs until the 5km mark of the TOW.

Be curious if others saw a similar pattern. ie: if for example you rode 12kms as a warm up, did you only start to see XPs from 13km mark?

This has been reported by others, seems like the best way to be sure you get all the double xp is to save your ride prior to joining the event, start a new ride and immediately join the ToW event.