No option NOT to upload a screenshot

Putting this in here because I can’t for the life of me think why it would be intentional. It’s by no means a new thing, just annoying and should be a simple fix.

If you take screenshots during a ride, there’s no way to NOT upload any. If you only take one, you have to upload it. You can’t toggle it off. If you take 20, you can upload one, two, three, four or five, but not none. :joy:

This is on Windows PC, not sure if it’s the same on other platforms. Absolutely not any sort of critical thing, just thought I’d mention it.

Hi @Dave_ZPCMR

I’m also on Windows. When you’re in the game, hit Menu, then go to settings, what’s your Image Uploading set to? Mine looks like this:

1 Like

Hi @shooj. I have it set to ‘only my shots’. I was of the understanding that setting refers to automatic uploading to Strava etc (which I don’t have anyway) but I could be wrong?

To clarify, I do sometimes upload photos to my feed. I don’t want to just turn the whole thing off. But sometimes I want to take photos (which are stored on my computer) and not upload any of them to my feed. That’s what appears to be impossible.

Edit: just tested it. The menu options are:

1. Always - Zwift will always take an automatic screenshot and upload it to your feed.
  2. Only my shots - I can choose up to five of my screenshots to upload but if take any I MUST upload at least one.
  3. Never - F10 is disabled completely.
1 Like

I confirm the issue. Steps to reproduction:

1. End ride
  2. Go to view with selection of pictures for uploading

Expected:
You can uncheck/unselect all pictures. Or at least add checkbox “Don’t upload to Strava” if it’s mandatory for Zwift to have at least one photo.

Current:
There must be always one selected.

Additional info:
Fixing that we could do some workaround for the issue t/zwift-deletes-manually-added-pictures-to-strava-activity/536262 which is annoying when it deletes pictures on Strava. So disabling of upload of pictures to Starava could be some simple solution for that. But there is no such option.

Hire me
I can fix it if you give me job offer at Zwift as iOS/Backend/Frontend developer. It would be nice to add checkbox “Don’t upload to Strava” in this view and respect it in some background service which uploads pictures. I’m opened to work at Zwift. Please contact me through Zwift’s forum about that or please find my profile on LinkedIn with name Ariel Bogdziewicz and job title Lead Software Developer.

1 Like

Still inexplicable and still annoying.

1 Like

I had a similar issue. I took a shot of the join Pace Partners menu before a ride for my reference. I then entered a ride but didn’t take any photos during the ride . When it can to end the ride I was forced to upload the photo of the PP menu.

Would be nice if the devs would fix this.
Really frustrating that you always have to upload at least one screenshot.

That’s a different bug, where it’s ignoring the user setting. Been months.