Disable Image Uploading!

I use the Windows app and have set the “image uploading” to “Never”. It still keeps uploading. IMHO “automatic image taking and uploading” is a complete waste of resources. It just fills up your gdrive/onedrive/mac drive with useless images. The zwift help also says you cannot disable this in the mobile app (i cannot add the link to support page!)

While there is some good value to allow folks to take and save the memorable instances - what is the point of taking, saving , backing up 5 images per ride that you never see again ?

Can we please have a way to disable this.

Completely agree. I’m using an iPad and it’s so annoying you can’t disable photos and you have to at least select one. Why would I want to upload a swift picture to Strava? Clearly this is a choice zwift is making to not allow this because threads date back to 2020 asking for this. Come on zwift team, this is ridiculous.

1 Like

Just leaving a note here. …I hate that I need to delete all these random screenshots from my ondrive folder. It’s messing up my whole photo library!!!

Developers, do something! :wink:

1 Like

Hi all @Vijay_ChilledBeer, @Max_Pollock, @Christoph_Leister! I imagine how crucial it is for you to disable image uploading on your devices.

Please keep in mind that the image uploading setting only controls screenshots uploaded to the Zwift Activity Feed and third-party connections like Strava. However, if you are running Zwift on a mobile device, tablet, or Apple TV®, image uploading will default to “Always.” Additionally, the Pictures folder on Mac/PC will always save screenshots.

1 Like

@Gerald_C

so, is there any way to disable uploading 3 images per session to …onedrive/documents/pictures/Zwift ?

Also: what is acutally uploading it? … The Zwift app on my PC? Or the companion app on my Android phone?

Why does it need to "always " upload pictures from.mobile devices. These are literally junk pictures clogging up our storage quotas.

There is no use case for this. Pictures should be taken only when we “click” it.

Vijay

@Gerald_C …just tried it - It might have been obvious, but it’s the desktop app which is placing the screenshots in the PC’s onedrive folder. Has nothing to do with the Zwift Companion app for mobile devices.

1 Like

Hi @Vijay_ChilledBeer, “Always” refers to at least one image uploaded per session. If you want to capture only your shots you have the option to do it from the setting by selecting “Only My shots”. For more details on how to do it please check out this article.

Christoph
Christoph_Leister
@Gerald_C

so, is there any way to disable uploading 3 images per session to …onedrive/documents/pictures/Zwift ?

Also: what is acutally uploading it? … The Zwift app on my PC? Or the companion app on my Android phone?

@Christoph_Leister “Image uploading” refers to adjusting the preferences for photo and video screenshots, and it can be disabled by following the In-Game Setting steps.

That setting does not exist on iPad as an FYI, you can disable video screenshots, but as far as I know there isn’t a way to ask Zwift not to upload a photo if using an iPad.