No fuss startup

Inside or outside I always find getting everything read to ride a giant pain.

Inside is less hassle but still has it’s issues, setting up the turbo, turning on the fans etc. 

Zwift could help keep this to a minimum by having an optional fast start up feature, by that I mean

* No login screen. Once you’ve logged in once it doesn’t ask you to login ever again the screen just gets bypassed. Unless you choose to logout of course.

* Auto pairing. 99% of the time I want to pair and use the same devices as I did last time. So when the pairing screen is connected to all of the same devices that I used last time it should auto accept it and put me into my ride.

Basically so all I have to do is double click the Zwift icon, then get on my bike and start pedalling, no other interaction required.

Another option would be to be able to control the pairing process by the mobile app, and get rid of the login screen - that’s the most important bit!

I always need to search for my garmin speed/cad sensor… would be nice for it to connect automatically… I agree with the need for a quicker log in for sure.

I don’t want to put in an account and such every time. 

I’d prefer to jump straight to the course selection/workout mode selection screen.

I agree that removing all obstacles to training indoors is worth pursuing! 

One thing I do to reduce setup time is put any applications I want to run automatically in my Windows “startup” folder.   For me, that includes Zwift, a link to Pandora for music, and the Intel WiDi application for projecting my PC’s display to a TV.   Doing this isn’t a huge improvement in setup time, but it’s 3 less clicks I have to do each time I ride. 

Of course, you’ll only want to take advantage of the startup folder if your computer is dedicated to your training, or else it’ll get annoying to have applications start when you don’t want them to.

I’ve already written two HOWTO documents describing how to do this, both for Mac and Windows, and another member of the community has contributed an AHK (AutoHotKey) script to do the same, with a lot more functionality. 

These links should help:

HOWTO: Fully automated Zwift login on Mac OS X

Windows AutoHotkey login script

Windows 10. Just says login screen is loading and does nothing more. 

David, could you help? I followed instructions but got this:

security: SecKeychainSearchCopyNext: The specified item could not be found in the key....

Thank you,
Troy
tsclum@gmail

David -

Thank you for such a great tutorial! I really appreciate it. I have followed your directions to the best of my understanding, but when I click the Automator Zwift login icon that now lives in my dock, it opens the Zwift application to the login screen properly, but does not input my username/password from keychain. I feel like I need to make coding changes you referenced as ‘tunable’. but I am not sure what to do. I named the Keychain file and title just as you did. Thanks in advance for your help!

Andrew 

springerbend@gmail.com

As long as you are NOT in Trial Mode on Zwift, the code will work.

Trial Mode users have an additional login screen that my code used to accommodate, but it broke for Subscribers. I removed that code to support the Subscribers, as they’re the larger majority of Mac users.

I am going to be working on an update in the next few days that attempts to auto-detect whether the user is in Trial or Subscriber mode and act accordingly.

Are you out of your Trial period?

I am pleased to share that I am able to get AutoZwift to work - as long as I don’t have any other applications open.

I am Strava Premium free for 60 days right now.

Thanks for your response! I tried to comment on your blog and received a 404 error.

Are you running El Capitan by any chance? If so, that seems to be 100% consistent.

Something in El Capitan immediately steals focus from the frontmost app right after it’s launched. My code looks at the stack, assigns Zwift to the frontmost window and then sends input to it, but El Capitan immediately steals focus back from that action the nanosecond I request it.

You’re not the first to report it, but that’s a bug in El Capitan. It doesn’t happen with Yosemite or earlier versions of Mac OS X.

Yes, I’m running El Cap 10.11.3

sidenote - I replaced the AutoZwift icon in my dock with the Zwift icon and it looks and works great

Thanks for your work!

This video I created might help to set that icon for the Automator script:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkE5ljS6zX8

I’d love that alpha blended transparent icon file. Have you posted it anywhere?

Try this site for one way to do it:

http://convertico.com/