New User - Wattbike Atom/ Ant+ HRM Compatibility

(Ian) #1

Hi I’m new to Zwift and based in UK and I have a Wattbike Atom. Everything is fine in terms of using the Atom - auto paired everything EXCEPT my Garmin Ant+ HRM.
I am not technical and I have read some threads stating that Ant+ is not compatible with Zwift and I need a bridge or a HRM that is Bluetooth compatible. There seems to be two main “simple” options:

1. 4iiii Viiiiva HRM - costs £80 in UK
  2. Wahoo TICKR - cost £40 in UK
    They are both Bluetooth and Ant+ so I can use on Zwift and if I’m using the Wattbike App only.
    ps - I don’t understand the “bridge” solution and it looks messy to me (and less likely to work)

Please can someone confirm my understanding is correct and I will buy the TICKR and save myself money.

(Paul Allen (Watopia Wayfinder)) #2

What device are you running Zwift on (PC, Mac, iOS, ATV or Android).

I’m guessing by what you are saying that you are using either an iOS or Android device. The simplest solution for you I think would be the Tickr since it’s duel band (both Ant+ and Bluetooth).

Just an FYI, Ant+ works just fine with Zwift depending on your setup Android in most situations that is what I would recommend.

(Ian) #3

Paul - Thanks - I am using an Ipad for the main Zwift App with an Iphone for the Zwift companion. I don’t have Android.
So I will buy the Tickr
Best
Ian

(Paul Allen (Watopia Wayfinder)) #4

Garmin has a new duel band HRM that would also work for you.

(Ian) #5

Thanks again - hrm ordered so I can now see how high my heart rate is in HIT sessions !