New UK Price £14.99 or £12.99?

(Stuart Howell) #1

Hi, I recently cancelled my membership, I did get the £8 price all this year, however when I go to re-join, it states £14.99 a month on the ‘upgrade’ image, I thought the price increase was to £12.99?

(Daren) #2

It’s definitely £12.99. I just paid on Friday.

However, I recall hearing that prices are higher if you subscribe through the Apple Store. I can’t confirm that, but if you’re going through the Apple Store I’d recommend going directly through the Zwift website instead.

(Stuart Howell) #3

Thanks for the reply, here’s the image, this is through the website, states £14.99

(Daren) #4

I see this:

That’s on the desktop site. I can’t event work out how to see that screen on the mobile view. If it’s different for people coming back, I’ve never heard about it.

(Daren) #5

@Stuart_Howell I wonder if it’s a mobile site bug.

I just created a new account, and see this on the desktop site:

Note, price in dollars.

If I use the “Upgrade” option in the top right of the desktop website and select the UK, it’s definitely showing £12.99:

(Stuart Howell) #6

Thanks for the info, that’s confusing then, why do I get £14.99 and you £12.99? I’ve emailed Zwift to claify.

(Stuart Howell) #7

Btw, I looked on both desktop and mobile sites and get the £14.99 image.

(Daren) #8

Very confusing! Hope you get it sorted out.

I’d be interested in knowing the answer for future reference.

(Stuart Howell) #9

Just got a reply, they said just an image error, £12.99 is what I pay if I go through to payment, just wanted clarification as a bit worried it was going up to £14.99, can just about cope with increase to £12.99 :wink: Thanks for your replys!

(Daren) #10

Hope they fix the image then! :smiley:

(Johnathan) #11

Looks like you get the raw end of the stick anyway you want to slice it.

12-15-10-07

(Robert Krüger [BRT]) #12

Due to EU regulations, doesn’t Zwift (as a service) has to cost the same for every EU citizen independet of place of residence? https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/unfair-treatment/unfair-pricing/index_en.htm

12.99 GPB < 14.99 €. I would guess citizens in Sweden pay 14.99 $ (at least i know so from Norway, it’s not in the EU though), which would be even less.

Until April i payed 10 USD per month, upon activation this winter it’s 15 EUR. So that’s a price increase of almost 100%.

(Daren) #13

I’m not sure. The page begins “As an EU national”. Zwift Inc is headquartered in the USA, so I guess maybe it doesn’t come under those rules?

There is a UK company (Zwift UK Ltd), but that’s not who we’re buying services from, is it?

It’s an interesting question, but I’d assume prices are set with any legal restrictions in mind.