New TV

(Paul Clark) #1

I have just bought a new PC with i7 CPU, 8GB RAM and a GTX970 GPU and need a new TV to display the 1080p content. Is 1920x1080 the maximum resolution for Zwift or should I look at a 4k screen? I can pick up a decent size 1080p screen for around £280 or a 4k one for £470. Would it be worth the extra or can anyone recommend a good value screen to show off Zwift in all it’s glory?

(Jon Mayfield) #2

Zwift can support any resolution, even supporting the new 5k resolution on the ‘retina’ iMac. However, getting it running at that resolution requires editing a text file and isn’t officially supported yet.

Personally I think 1080p looks pretty good on a TV and I’d rather have the higher framerate than the extra pixels, but the choice is up to you.

(Paul Clark) #3

Thank you. Is FPS based on the PC spec alone? If so, I presume as long as I get a TV screen of the right resolution I should get the full “ultra” graphics experience?

(Eric C. (Zwift HQ)) #4

Yeah, it’s definitely based on PC spec. Your graphics capabilities will have a much greater impact that CPU speed also.