New Clubs Feature: Members Only Events

Good afternoon Jarvis Members, we are enabling a new feature for you to help us test out.

Members Only Club Events are events that can only be seen and joined by people in the club. Easy right? These events do not appear on the public event calendar on the web, in Zwift Companion or in the game. You will only see them if you are member of the club hosting the event.

I’ve put 3 events on the calendar for the upcoming Friday, Sunday and Monday to hopefully include as many Jarvis members as I can (timezones permitting). I’ll be leading these rides personally and I’ll also be in discord chatting with other club members.

So how do you signup for these events … just like you always do, BUT right now you’ll only see them in the Club Jarvis event list. So jump into Zwift Companion, go into Club Jarvis and open up the full events list to find the Club Jarvs Members Only Ride #1, 2 or 3.

Once you’ve signed up, things will work exactly like they do for any other event you’ve been to on Zwift. :ride_on:

Yup looks good in the events section of Club Jarvis. Pretty SOP stuff as explained.

On android Zwift Companion (samsung s8) I see these events in the public events as well as the club events
Would upload a screen shot but not working with Win10/IE11

OK here it is, drag drop worked upload button not working

Thanks @Neville_Jeans, the android app is using the newest endpoint for events so it is getting everything you are eligible to join (including Members Only events). You’re seeing the desired behavior already. It hasn’t made it to the iOS version just yet so iOS users will not see the item in the main list for now. :ride_on:

Ok that was easy.

One thing, After joining a Club event it does not show on the Main companion app page where regular events show as a reminder.

It will be nice to see the Club events you joined there as well so you don’t forget.

:ride_on:

1 Like

My reading of the initial paragraph is that I shouldn’t see it in any public feed, only in the club activities feed, but if it’s working as planned on Android then all good

Club rides are not UK friendly. Always morning, mid afternoon or late at night when i’m either at work or sleeping. How about 1 or 2 between 5 and 8pm, UK time?

1 Like

Its even more challenging for me as some rides are happening at 2300 my time in Asia. I have to face it. the timing for popular Zwift events usually suit the population across select regions of the world. Maybe they can consider a few runs for different time zones for than just being region-centric. :roll_eyes:

Guess I need that next cup of coffee to stay awake. :sleeping: :coffee:

Hi there

I used to be a member but the club feature has vanished from my companion app.

Any idea on how I get it back?

According to our system, you left the club. When you are not a member of any club, the Clubs feature in Zwift Companion will disappear (for now).

1 Like

Interesting. I don’t remember leaving the club it wouldn’t be something I would want to do.

Reinvited, let me know if you don’t see it.

I’m not sure if this is already available, but when leaving a club can/does Zwift ask for verification? “Are you sure you want to leave ---- club? Yes/No”

1 Like

Hi there. Yes all joined again but I don’t see any events the screen is just blank. Any thoughts?

Yes we give you a “Are you sure you want to leave this club?” confirmation dialog before leaving. It’s very hard to accidentally leave a club since it requires 3-4 button presses depending on if you’re on iOS or Android. :ride_on:

2 Likes

There are no events currently scheduled for Club Jarvis at this time. More coming soon. :ride_on:

2 Likes

Hi Wes. I’m currently unemployed (have been for a while now with the downturn in our Airline industry). Is it possible to be invited to be in Club J? I’ve been a ride leader and keen to contribute to development of the platform. I’ve got plenty of spare time on my hands…

Cheers if able.