New Apple TV remote

That’s great news. I tried to load a workout about 10 times before I wrote my post but l’ll reboot and try it again and report back. It seemed too awful to be true. I hope it is.

Using the thumb-swipe action, I find it works best when making quick, shallow movements that the remote recognises as individual gestures. It becomes second nature after a while.

1 Like

OK. It worked this time. Thanks. I’ll delete my previous post if possible.

Thanks again. Happier. Much happier.

1 Like

I Hate the touch pad, far too sensitive just get the second menu/arrow selection fixed and be done with it once and for all.

Any news from Zwift on Apple TV interface improvements? Seems like the remote (trakpad version) is working better lately while selecting from a list. Less overshooting. Just wondering if Zwift made improvements or I’ve been getting lucky or used to it after 3 years of watching menu lists fly by

Zwift- are you listening? Comment please!!

I believe Zwift has finally fixed the Apple remote over sensitivity issue. Working much better lately when scrolling through lists. Hardly any overshoot. Pthers also seeing the improvement?

1 Like

Yup. I recently bought the 2nd Generation ATV remote (already had the 1st gen ATV4k) and there’s been a massive improvement in user-experience for me using the centre touch-pad. I imagine similar with the older remote too.

Disclosure: I use the Companion App while actually cycling and would highly recommend doing that. I think I’d be generally frustrated with the remote if I had to rely on it for everything during a ride. (it’s fine for quick settings changes like trainer difficulty but forget about trying to change camera angles etc - that’s Companion App’s wheelhouse)

Suggestions here for how to hold a phone conveniently: What do you use to hold your device when on Zwift? - #16 by Otto_Destruct

Thanks for your reply. I’ll buy one of the newer Apple remotes with navigation buttons now that Zwift has made the improvements. Strange they don’t mention the fix in upgrade notes.

That’s because they didn’t do anything.

2 Likes