Nerfed bikes and what even is the point of the drop shop?

They could make a ton of fancy kit, or avatar customizations and charge drops for them maybe? Maybe pay drops for custom paint jobs for your bikes that aren’t just one color etc? As it is now I don’t feel the need to spend drops on any of the current bikes once you have an aero bike, a TT bike, a climbing bike, and the tron.

I agree I’m not sure they thought long term about it when they were introduced.

there are only so many frames/wheelsets people need

also you don’t really have to do anything special to accumulate them so everyone just keeps racking them up.

buying power ups to start rides might be an idea, would be nice to start the alpe with a feather in your pocket already!

1 Like

I think that would suffer the same fate. How many jerseys do people really want? Sure a silly moustache might be fun for a bit but how many do you want?

maybe they could just be time limited and a use them or lose them type scenario. 12 month rolling or something,

Cannot find anything wrong with this advice.

Absolutely spot on and should be drilled into new users.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe. Maybe certain styles of each upgrade would be a significant amount of drops? Like - sure simple mustache might not cost a lot of drops, but if you want fancy curly mustache that’s 1 MM drops? Simple beard might not, but long braided beard would be 5MM drops… You want to choose a neon hair color: 10MM drops… You want a 2 tone bike color: 10MM drops… Ha, I don’t know, but right now there’s not a lot of use for drops so was just brainstorming :slight_smile:

I know this thread is generally about the issues with bike spec changes after they are initially released, as well as the general lack of need for the drop shop beyond a certain point, but there are also a number of comments regarding the useless accumulation of Drops beyond a certain point, since - as previously alluded - there is no real need to spend any after you have purchased the ‘best’ bike/wheels in each category.

So, what about the thought of having to spend Drop to ‘purchase’ an entry fee into Zwift races or special events (like TdZ or ToW)? I’m not going to say this is a great idea, but it might at least give people something to spend their accumulation of Drops on.

1 Like

Or spend drops to be moved to the front of the holding pens before the timer hits 0:00

2 Likes

The closer to 0:00 the more Drops it costs!

3 Likes

Look on the bright side. We don’t have to spend drops on lube, tire, chain or cassette replacements.