Anything new for drop shop this year?

Was looking through update logs and others last week and realized… we haven’t had a single new bike in 11 months; the last being the Cadex Tri and handcycle.

Kind of surprised we haven’t seen anything in just shy of an entire year.
Or did we just get spoiled last year?

Have asked this before, but no reply from anyone from Zwift.

As well as some of the newer bikes recently released, would be nice to see some older bikes added Does not have to be the fastest or lightest, just something for fun like an old chopper for those old enough to remember.

I haven’t seen plans for new frames/wheels as of yet, but that doesn’t necessarily mean there isn’t anything planned.

2 Likes

S-Works Tarmac SL8 would be good, as would a classic 2018 Canyon Ultimate CF EVO and the CF EVO SL (the really extreme light version). Have them as special unlocks for those who did 100 ADZ or 25 Ventop. Those should be the fastest bikes uphill and fairly fast on mixed courses (because they actually are fairly aero).

I would also love a Team Sunweb colour scheme on the Cervelo S5 - that’s my real bike. :wink:

Could also do with Tron getting nerfed because it has missed out on that so far. :wink:

Adding paint options for existing bikes in the game would interest me more than new frames. There are a lot of bikes with the same or almost the same performance characteristics, so I don’t care a lot about yet another replica of the Venge/Felt AR/Cervelo S5/Uranium Nuclear performance onto a different manufacturer’s product. Unlocking colorways as a part of missions or levels would be appealing.

6 Likes

Totally can agree with this too; some bikes are definitely beginning to show their age, which is now upwards of 5 years old.

But that said, and I know you’re joking about another replica, as many bikes do look pretty similar right now…

But the paint jobs are all over the map; having more textures and color options for the frames we do have would help dramatically.

I think I just get tired of stepping into every race and expecting it to be a field of either a black tron, or a grey Venge on the DTSwiss disc with the orange band.

Meanwhile it’s a shame we have these gorgeous Zwift sponsored bikes that we don’t even get semi replicas of in-game.

I can assure you; if bike texture templates were open to public use, I would be spending a lot of time painting up frames just to make the field a bit more interesting.

4 Likes

:+1: The Venge should be #1 on the list of frames to get paint options. People love the bike and the only color option is as drab as a rainy day.

2 Likes

With 70.9 million drops I’d like to buy you all a beer or two.

Edit: This is limited to the above 6 users who have posted :wink:

3 Likes

Perhaps the Zwift HQ focus could move away from racing and to ways we can spend our drops?

2 Likes

Only thing I’m curious about is how deeply embedded in code at least the drop shop of just wheels and bikes are.

I’m not opposed to spending drops on things like jerseys, socks, shoes, helmets, etc. but I’m not sure that stuff can be added to the drop shop (I could of course be wrong).

Same with different paint job / liveries for bikes.

Shoot… I’m willing to bet people would be willing to spend their drops on things like a different bell sound (obviously not everyone; I know some people like hoarding their drops and complaining “nothing is worth it”, but that’s kind of the point isn’t it?).
Once you hit level 42 or whatever right now, there’s nothing worth saving for; that doesn’t mean people aren’t interested in spending it on silly things like sunglasses, or bell sounds, etc.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the drop shop open up to things beyond frames and wheels.

Too much work for a 3d modeler to make us new sunglasses and helmets etc?
Give us a paint slider for those things, give us at least a tiny amount more customizability.

Some bikes with the paint sliders can look a little strange at times; but it would be nice for all frames to have that slider regardless. (I do agree the Shiv is probably the worst here though; has a slider, but the thing is basically black, what’s the point).

But I also wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Zwift open up bike textures for public competitions.
If ZHQ doesn’t want to pay an intern to paint some liveries, push it onto the community!

I can guarantee plenty of folks would be happy to spend some time and paint up a frame get a free month on Zwift or say a coupon from the Zwift webstore for some bottles or whatever.

Some of this work can be offloaded.
There is an expansive community with all sorts of talent; it’s a good resource that needs tapping into beyond ride events.

2 Likes

On Mac you can see them in the files if you look in the right place.

You can also see the Merida Scultura Bahrain bike that used to be in Zwift is removed now…

Matej Mohoric used to ride that in Zwift. That day he was flying up the epic KOM with heart rate shown and then for good measure the Radio Tower bonus climb. Simply mad how fast those pro riders are.

How fast? Try 345w power for Epic KOM at around 145bpm then smashing it up to 450-500w up the radio tower climb.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some rare and now removed frame paints here and there; like the old Canyon Aeroad (granted I think that was actually a unique frame). I know there’s a unique Canyon paint for some actual Canyon riders IRL as well that I’ve seen before.
Can’t say I’ve seen that Merida but I like it quite a lot.
I bet he was so fast with it though because it lacks brake calipers :smiley:

I saw someone with the old AHDR (team I’m on) kit like two days after someone had asked about it which was funny; so it’s hilarious to see some of the legacy stuff. I’ll never understand why they remove it…

And yeah; I’ve “seen” the files on PC, but of course all of the stuff is encrypted in whatever format they use.

I’m curious how much of the bike shop stuff is limited to new items due to interactions with those companies. If that is the case; I do think different liveries and the paint slider being unlocked really shouldn’t be an issue.

Meanwhile, the “meta” bikes like the Venge and Scott Addict RC, in the gray and that purple/neon yellow I feel like I never even see pictures of those bikes in those colors.

What focus on racing?

1 Like

I guess you could argue that all the work being done with pack dynamics, cat enforcement, racing score, and steering (Zwift play) benefits the racing community?

2 Likes

Maybe, if we’re lucky, we’ll get something this year!!! I think it’s a bit of a joke by now. It was already a joke when this thread was created, but now. How many people have essentially “completed” zwift by now? Everyone has the fastest wheels and frames, everyone are racing the same bikes. Adding the new frames and wheels of the pro peloton would do a world of good to this game. But hey, at least we have a lot of drops lol!

Yeah; at this point, Drops serve ZERO purpose in Zwift once you hit level 42… and that’s obviously been the case for some time now.

I get that a lot of the reason for the lack of drop shop parts is probably down to lack of support from these companies, so only so much can be said.

I’m cool with things like The Big Spin rides, and wheels like that; although I can understand a lot of folks will feel as though they got left out and weren’t able to win them (since, you do have to actively participate). So there are arguments to both sides.

Obviously we reeeeeeeally need a way to favorite items in the garage, and it needs a UI overhaul, but Zwift shouldn’t feel the need to be forced through corporate marketing if that’s what is/was happening.

Real ideas to “fix” this:

“Fake” parts however, I think, are totally acceptable.
The Big Spin trispokes, if they were in the drop shop, in my opinion, is 100% acceptable, and I think a lot of people would agree.

People just want “stuff,” meanwhile they’ve been collecting drops now for coming up on what will soon be TWO YEARS, and that entire portion of Zwift has been completely abandoned.

Liveries/paint jobs/socks/jerseys / any of that type of stuff; shouldn’t be a ton of work to implement; people will spend their drops on being able to make their bike a different color.

We just want unique stuff; this is why neutralized bikes are a thing Zwift supports right? So that races aren’t fields of ConceptZ1 and Specialized Venges… forever? As if they haven’t been already. TTT’s are just the Cadex frames; and all video and pictures of these events is the same thing, and has been now for this long?
This isn’t a hate post on the lack of genuine parts.

The reality is, I just think most people don’t care.
All they want is the ability to either hide purchases so they don’t have to sift through it, and, have a use for their drops. Because as it stands it’s genuinely been yet another abandoned feature; and nobody has been asking the world for it… just, the basics; and maintenance.
And to be able to look unique/stand out.

Races etc. are only so much fun to watch when literally everyone looks like a gray blob.

All you had to do was repeat 2km rides to win most of the unlocks in The Big Spin. No real big effort needed.

I was dumb at the start and did some full distance rides in Makuri Islands, when I really should have just done late joins and got everything the easy way. :wink:

Well if you remember (and if you don’t, I’m going to remind you anyway) the Cervelo S5 2021 came along in Zwift and was very, very fast, the fastest non-TT bike, then everyone screamed loudly because it was the quickest and it had to be nerfed. Everyone had to ditch their Trons and get Cervelo S5s. Then as soon as it was nerfed, everyone switched away from S5.

It will always be that way when bikes have an impact on speed. People will choose whatever is fastest for whatever ride they are doing.

Then if you make bikes all the same in performance people will also complain.

As for the S5, I can say in real life it is still a damn fast bike and it loses nothing against the Venge (which one of my friends rode IRL). It would be nice if the S5 performance was restored to where it should be.

In any case, it doesn’t matter what we want, the only people that get to have a say in this are the racing crowd. Or at least that’s how it seems.

I miss nerding out before an event which wheel-frame combo I should choose.

By now, I know them by heart, new equipments stirs things up

I’d love to see more customisation in the garage, similar to motor racing games, where you can build your car with different brakes, engines, turbos etc etc. I get that it wouldn’t really make a huge difference for in-game speed, but I’d love to build my bike from the frame up, choosing the frame, wheels, groupset, handlebars, saddle etc. Would make the drop shop a bit more relevant instead of buying your complete aero/TT/climbing bikes and then just racking up drops for nothing forever after.

Probably very difficult in terms of licensing though I guess getting Shimano, Sram, Selle Italia etc all on board.

3 Likes

Zwift needs a partnership with Bike Mechanic Simulator. Build up your bike in BMS, port it over to Zwift :slight_smile:

1 Like