Anything new for drop shop this year?

or Powerwash Simulator…
but it’s the Old Desert Town for some reason :slight_smile:

Zwift marketing is really going to put this in the weekly email when the reality is nothing has been added for coming up on 1.5 years?

And when have we ever been able to buy accessories from the Drop Shop, only ever seen bikes and wheels?

I have several friends who have been on Zwift for over a year (primarily Winter-only for long training rides) and only just discovered the Drop Shop.

There was an accessory once. The Ceramicspeed OSPW as a temporary mission reward rather than in the drop shop. It did make a minor change to the bike performance too.

So we know that the game can support accessories, they’ve just chosen not to keep including them.

1 Like

How about tyres and chains?

Light weight tyres are faster but can puncture more easily in races. While heavier ones less likely to puncture but slower.

This would add a new twist and realism to racing. If you got a puncture you wait 30 seconds and the puncture is fixed and then you go again.

And chains over time need replacing or they could break.

I think chains should need maintenance in-game too. Regular drops spent or 1) you lose efficiency and 2) everyone around you hears your squeaking chain as a constant sound effect.

dear god no :rofl:

How about pedals?

It depends, because chains - in terms of my real bike AXS 12 speed chain does over 12000km silently and smoothly.

Puncture simulation would be more desirable and adds to the realism, and we know that for racing everyone likes realism (ie, the pace dynamics discussion) so puncture simulation would be a natural follow on.

I have squeaky jockey wheels in certain gears to make up for the waxed chain

Without regular lubing/waxing?

Just keep it clean, occasional Morgan blue race oil , that’s about it. Nothing special, no cooking wax and all that stuff.

That was from before my bad accident when I had a lot more power. The chain had not even stretched, was still okay but my mind said 12,000km enough.

Difference from old 11 speed chains like KMC X11 SL is huge.

Gotcha :slight_smile: Cleaning and oiling pretty much is what I mean by ‘maintenance’ of a chain. Occasional measuring, but only after a long time. Otherwise, there’s not a lot you need to do. I wax in part because it’s cleaner, and in part because the data shows better drivetrain wear/lifespan. But it’s not actually any more work than regular lubing–the work just comes all at once, rather than spaced out.

But I’m always surprised at how many people either relube without cleaning, or don’t do either. Black sludge in the first case, horrible noises and replacing parts quickly in the second. Yeesh.

That’s where these new and narrow SRAM AXS 12 speed chains are amazing - I guess because of their narrow size and shape they just don’t get the accumulation of grime and dirt inside them. The pulley wheels at the rear derailleur still get filthy but the chain doesn’t.

It’s like chalk and cheese the difference from 11 speed. I’m very happy because it means I don’t have to do a lot of maintenance. I suppose other 12 speed systems should be similar.

The only thing today I have to do is clean the brake discs because they are screeching a bit.

AXS stuff is nice in general. I still always recommend keeping up with regular cleaning and lubing, as a lot of people traditionally use noise as a sign of when to relube, lol. And a chain that’s quieter when it’s dry can lead to faster drivetrain wear. But if it’s still got some lube (and AXS seems to hold lube better too), it’s all good :slight_smile: