Need some Guru help choosing a monitor for Zwifting

I really need some expert advice on choosing a flat screen monitor to use with my training setup. I live out in the boonies, so I don’t have the luxury of checking out other rider’s setups.  I have been in the process of gathering my training gear for the upcoming off-season.  I will be completing my Zwift subscription and setup very soon.  I have an HP Spectre x360 - 1.3-ac076nr laptop which has an I7 processor w/16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD,  Intel® HD Graphics 620 for graphics with 1920 x 1080 resolution. I have a Wahoo fitness desk to set the monitor on. I plan on having the monitor just forward of the bars fairly close up.  With my limited knowledge of the tech setup, I figure that around a 24" monitor is about as large as my laptop will handle and hopefully large enough to be fairly immersive with the close distance. I would also like a monitor with built-in speakers and displayport video input. I rather like what I have read about ASUS monitors and currently have my eye on the ASUS VG248QE Gaming Monitor which has the DisplayPort interface and built-in speakers. I appreciate any recommendation for a monitor. I am willing
to spend a few hundred for a near optimum setup within my laptop capabilities. Also, if you think I am off base anywhere, please let me know. I can handle any criticism as well as advice.  Thanks very much for the help.   I’m looking fwd to some really fun Zwifting this year.

I would recommend just getting a 1080p (or a 4K if you find one in your budget) 24" TV and get a Displayport to HDMI adapter. This setup will be more versatile in the long run. If you want you could run Zwift on the laptop and Netflix (or other streaming service) on the TV.

Jerry: in case this is helpful – the physical size of the monitor is not a limiter for your computer. What matters is mainly the monitor’s resolution and refresh rate. Your computer can drive 1920x1080 on a 24 inch monitor or 1920x1080 on a 48 inch monitor just as well (or on any other size). Displaying higher resolutions demands more of your computer, especially the graphics card/capability. 

So choose the physical size of the monitor according to budget and your workout room preferences/setup.

What S E said.

Also note that a 42" tv at 1920x1080 will look more “grainy” or have bigger pixels than a   24 in monitor. 

I found a 27" monitor at 1920x1080 up close to be perfect. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMKOVPQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It does not have speakers but I train with headphones.

I guess my thinking was that anything larger than 24 would be grainy, but the idea of immersion will outweight the slightly larger pixel size.  I think I’ll be looking at a 27.  The choices for a 27 seem to be a little more clear also, so I think I’m all set.

Thanks for all the comments; it all helps alot.