Zwift looks amazing on 3840x1080

I’m just going to post this in the feedback section to let you know that zwift looks amazing in super ultrawide.
Don’t change anything!

Nice. :sunglasses: #ZPCMR

1 Like

That’s a nice view!

Nice, I bet that screen cost more than my Kickr Core and the PC I use combined.
:money_mouth_face:

is it scaling, or is it actually running at that resolution?

It’s running that resolution :slight_smile:

tir. 27. okt. 2020, 21:01 skrev Dan via Zwift Forums <gozwift@discoursemail.com>:

1 Like

I am looking at getting a 49inch ultra wide monitor and set it up for zwift. Would you suggest the ultrawide 49inch or would a 65inch TV be better?

It all depends.
How farr from the monitor are you when zwifting?
A curved monitor has a rating for viewing distance, on my monitor the rating is 1000R, meaning i should sit a meter away for the best experience.
If you’re further away, i suggest just getting a 65" 4k tv, you can still achieve this wide setup and have spotify and other things above zwift if you run zwift in windowed mode.

The reason why i have this monitor is mainly bechause i needed more space for multitasking while gaming and working, and it’s really good for that, as you can configure it for a pure 32:9, a more reasonable 11:9/21:9 for ultrawide gaming and discord on the side, or 16:9/16:9 if you simply want two traditional monitors without a bezel in the middle.

I suggest that you check your local stores if any of them have these on display, and ask for a test.
A TV would be cheaper i suspect, as this monitor is more of a niché product.

If desired it’s also possible to create a custom resolution which will allow Zwift to run in full screen mode in-game, but in a letterbox on the TV with the same wide aspect ratio. Waste of pixels though I guess.

What program would you use for that?
I’ve tried finding one that could do this, but havent been able to.
I would love this, as this would allow me to keep HDR and gsync enabled on my monitor, as these options are disabled in dual input setups.

It can be done in the Nvidia control panel*, you just create a resolution that is 21:9 (or whatever is needed). So for example, to recreate ultrawide on a 1080p TV you’d create a resolution of 1920x823.

21:9 on a 1440p display is 2560x1097, and on a 4K display is 3840x1646.

*Can also be done within the driver for Intel integrated graphics.

Right, that way.
I was thinking of an app that allows a game to run in fullscreen inside a window layered on top of windows.

Borderless Gaming can replicate the look of that, but is still windowed mode so won’t overcome the other issues you have with it.

1 Like