National Country jersey for riders

Hello,
I think it’s a good idea for the riders to be able to choose their country national jersey as an option!!
Let’s put more thought into this and vote ,therefore ZWIFT team could make this happen
Bobby.

Zwift National Champions get to wear their national jersey.

National team / national champion jerseys in real life are awarded by each country’s cycling federation. Zwift has relationships with many national federations and the UCI, and we follow their protocols for who can wear them in-game.

6 Likes

But nobody said National Champion jersey, just national jersey… ie. a Zwift custom design for each country?

1 Like

Hey Shuji! Sorry to open an old thread but who should my federation contact to validate my national title and request a jersey? :blush:

hi, i think i can answer for him

zwift, or rather the UCI consider virtual cycling to be it’s own discipline. considering your palmares, this is probably not a problem you encounter often, but you can only wear the national champion’s jersey in the discipline you earned it in. road, tt, cx, mtb bmx etc.

virtual racing is the same way, a virtual WC or nat jersey must be earned virtually. the UCI are not partnered with zwift anymore but they are still hosting a virtual racing world championships this year so that’s the precedent so far… national jerseys from other disciplines are not represented in zwift or other virtual cycling platforms as far as i know. it’s a bit strange, since virtual cycling is still new enough that there is no real ruleset defining what “virtual racing” really even is, but that’s a different topic

2 Likes

Hey S A, thanks for the reply. If my federation runs an officially sanctioned national championship on Zwift, and I win it in the elite category, do you think that qualifies my for an in game jersey?

yes, that would work. unfortunately, i don’t think zwift are partnered with the UCI anymore. At the very least, they are not hosting the world championships this year. currently, the UCI is partnered with MyWhoosh for that. In this case, I think actually contacting MyWhoosh would be the best option here as I’m not sure what criteria they intend to use to select national champions, it may differ from zwift.

I would guess it involves an event that will actually take place on MyWhoosh some during the outdoor road season (as far as I know, nothing has been announced on their part yet regarding that), then after that, assuming you were to win it, I honestly don’t know what the protocol would look like, as MyWhoosh and Zwift are competing businesses. It might be best to reach out and clarify that with the UCI directly

Hi brother, I asked some guys who know more than me, and it turns out that zwift are actually still hosting national championships this year. You do have to win one to be eligible to wear a national jersey ingame. Your federation probably has to request that an event be created by zwift. I think the current head of racing is Sean Perry, so I’d advise asking your federation to contact him

I don’t have contact details for mr perry so I’ll tag @shooj again for you, but maybe his details are out there somewhere already. I just turn the pedals, lol.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated :slight_smile: I was curious with the officalness of the whole thing, with UCI and Zwift/MyWoosh as you mentioned. I’ve already got the title as of today, just excited to represent it in-game before the outdoor season starts! I hope @shooj can give me a hand with this. Thanks again!

1 Like

no problem, i think I misunderstood and you already are eligible anyway. the person i asked mentioned that the french national champion received his jersey pretty shortly after the event and they had theirs recently, so i think you won’t have to wait long.

if it’s anything like other special jersey unlocks, it could already be in your garage. zwift doesn’t notify you ingame or anything when a jersey is added to your garage that way

Well to be honest I wouldn’t expect my federation or Zwift to pay much attention to this kind of racing going on in a tiny country like Iceland, which is why I went ahead and asked around :slight_smile: Anyways, I’m looking forward to wearing it when everything is sorted out!

2 Likes