My Zwift only uploading map, and not screenshot to Strava

Hi all,
How is it my rides only upload a route map to Strava, and not an in game screenshot as well?
I did mail Strava to ask, but was told its a Zwift issue.
Im running through a Win 10 Laptop, and have tried changing the image upload options to “Always” and “Only my shots” but no difference.

Mine

Others

Do you see screenshot options when saving your Zwift ride.

Thanks for the quick reply, the only options I get when saving are as shown below.
Bin it, or save & exit

did you take pictures during the ride.

Something seem off.

Do you see pictures in your Picture directory? C:\Users\cycling\Pictures\Zwift

1 Like

Just logged on to the laptop I use solely for Zwift and there are 100’s of pics in there!
Half are tagged “clean” with no hud display on them.
I just cant seem to upload any

Now that is interesting @Paul_Coleman2

Let me think a bit more.

2 Likes

For me it’s about 50/50 … about half the time, a screenshot of my actual ride/race will get uploaded to Strava … the other half of the time, it will just be a “generic” picture of the particular location (Watopia, London, etc.). I don’t take any photos myself … all of the pictures uploaded to Strava are chosen and supplied by Zwift. It’s been this way since I joined Zwift nine months ago.

2 Likes

Just uninstalled, and reinstalling now, to be sure. Just showed the above pics to a mate, and apparently there should be a tick box in the save ride picture?

Hi,

As you’ve uninstall/reinstalled, this may be a moot point now, but I would have suggested you toggle the “Image Uploading” in settings:

2 Likes

Hi B,
Thanks for the reply
Yep tried that a few times, going through all 3 options, but no joy.

It can be that your Strava and Zwift account is set to private.

No. For example, both my Strava and Zwift accounts are set to “private” - and all images get uploaded (or not… but this is another story)

If they haven’t been deleted in the uninstall, try deleting all those pictures.

On my Strava the upload of the images is always with a delay.
First i see only the map but after a while (few minutes) the image is uploaded.

I notice that’s important not to edit your ride on strava (change name or bike or …) until the image is there.
So dont use the save button on Strava before you see your image.

2 Likes

Note Zwift will somehow cause existing images to be removed from Strava when it uploads your Zwift ride’s images.

Strava wouldn’t acknowledge or comment on this… :frowning:

Still no joy, tried deleting all images as advised above. Still the same problem

Zwift bug. :frowning:

Something weird is going on. I took a screenshot of my new FTP at the end of a ride and saved it on my local machine. Then in Strava, I uploaded this image. A fe days later and it has disappeared, along with all my other Zwift images.
I will raise a support ticket

Hmm… been there, so let me explain:

For some unknow reason, Zwift does not always upload images to Strava upon finishing a ride (Either that or Strava take its sweet time updating the feed with uploaded images… don’t know); images may appear hours later after the ride was finished - even when the ride itself was uploaded.

I, like others, have opted in such cases to manually upload my images to Strava. Unfortunately, Strava erased my images once Zwift came around to upload that ride’s images (or once it came to use these previously Zwift-uploaded images), essentially giving Zwift priority over my uploaded images.

I did try with Strava support, who would not comment on this issue (i.e., I got no response to my question how come Zwift has free reign over my Strava feed…)

The only option was to disable Zwift access to my Strava account. Hopefully, this will give me more control over my feed…

1 Like

I have this exact same issue. It gets a LITTLE better if I leave the laptop open and unlocked for a longer period of time to allow it to upload but even then it usually only uploads maybe one image. I’ve tried toggling all the various image options as well so if anyone finds a resolution I’d love to hear it.

Edit: It looks like sometime around Nov 3rd is when it quit working for me.

2 Likes