Move AppTo External Storage (SD Card)

Hi there,

it would be great to be able to move the apps (companion & game) to an external storage (SD card) to free up space in internal device storage. E.g. my Samsung Galaxy S7 allows for an SD Card and I would be able to move the 1GB App to the SD Card instead of filling up my device storage (32GB).

Thx
Sven

6 Likes

Not sure if this is something that will happen but thank you for the feature request!

1 Like

+1 to this, Zwift is getting much bigger every update and it really needs to go to the sd card.

3 Likes

Hi
The updates keep getting bigger resulting in me having to find apps to delete in a hurry in order to update Zwift. Please can you look into allowing storage o. Phone sd card

I agree, definitely needed. Every update causes a problem.

An easy alternative/similar solution for the developers, with no performance impact from what I understand, would be allowing installation to SD cards formatted as internal storage.

I can’t post links here, but the instructions for developers are at developerDOTandroidDOTcom/guide/topics/data/install-location, it looks super easy to ‘turn on’. Please look it over. A 2GB app is a big deal on a 32GB internal storage phone.

If it can’t be done for some reason, would appreciate a shout on the forum here.

1 Like

This is still an issue. I’m currently spending 20 minutes or more every time there’s an upgrade, when I want to be Zwifting, moving other apps around to make enough space. I’ve had to install another app to do the moving. Yesterday I had no time left to ride by the time I’d got it sorted. I agree, some feedback on feasibility at least would be nice.

still the same for me - why is it such an issue to implement ???

Most modern devices come with more than 32GB so in reality it’s becoming less of an issue. I used to have to delete a couple of apps to make room for the Zwift update but since I upgraded phone it’s not an issue.

This is still an issue. Ask to buy a new phone is not an acceptable answer imho.

It’s actually an android function to install apps onto external storage so not for Zwift to resolve.

Nobody is being asked to purchase a new device. Zwift will install if you have space. I bet nobody who is struggling for space current have any other apps installed.

You could delete an unused app to make room.

Or do a factory reset and install all your apps and i promise you you’ll have loads more space. It’s sneezing how much space gets clogged up over time.

I’m constantly removing app i use to do updates… i buyed an sd card and moved all heavy apps and stuff on it. But for some reasons i cant move Zwift app (and some others). So the problem remain :frowning:

Well i’ll dig on Android side. Thank you for your time.