Missing Running Achievement Badges

I have raised this issue with support but they now appear to be ignoring me so I thought I’d try here.

There are two Running Badges missing from the list of total badges available - which also affects the totals for Zwifters who cycle exclusively.

There are 13 Running Badges listed on the Zwift support pages here.

And here is a grab of those running-specific badges:

However Zwift for runners only shows 11 badges - the grab below came from a fellow Zwifter who runs and cycles:

According to Zwift support, there are 12 General Badges, 17 Cycling Badges and 13 Running badges(above) which would give a base total of 42 badges available.

There are also 10 ‘Extra Credit’ badges that only add to your overall total once they are completed.

So the absolute maximum number of achievements available should be 52.

But if you look at my running friend’s achivements and do some arithmetic - were he to complete the 100 Credit and Everesting ‘Extra Credits’, his maximum total would only be 50 - not 52.

This is all very boring I am sure, but there are few points here:

There are two badges missing in ‘Running Achievements’.

There is no mention anywhere on Zwift that the two missing badges (‘Going to Distance’ or ‘Olympian’) are ‘Extra Credits’.

And more annoying than any of that, Zwift forces everybody - whether they only cycle or only run on Zwift to have the same number of achievements to complete as a Zwifter who does both.

Meaning if you never run on Zwift, it is impossible to achieve 100% completion of the badges. And if you never cycle on Zwift, it is impossible to achieve 100% completion of the badges.

If Zwift can manage the ‘Extra Credit’ system to only add to the total when they complete the achievement, surely they can manage to keep the totals for either running or cycling separate until that Zwifter signs up for the opposite discipline?

Thereby allowing cyclists to achieve 39 out of 39. And similarly, allowing runners to achieve 25 out of 25 (if they fix the missing two badges). Leaving the hard-core cyclist/runners to aim for 52 out of 52 - again, if the missing 2 bug is fixed.

You couldn’t just post this on one of the other threads you have started on Badges in the last week?

I might be merging all of the threads into one since they have the Sam theme.

When I originally posted this I didn’t know it was a bug, it was a general question.

The reason I didn’t know it was a bug was because Zwift support wouldn’t answer the simple question - were the running badges included in my overall total or not.

They initially hinted that there were badges still to be discovered so I had no idea what the ‘base max’ and absolute maximum were.

It was only when the runner replied that I discovered what the actual problem was. Which is why I created a new post in the bug section.

Please feel free to merge whatever you like. As I said, I am new to the forums and have no idea how you go about that.

@Reamonn_Lenkas You are really obsessed with these badges :rofl:

1 Like

Yup. And it appears that I am on to something :wink:

Edit #2: I see we actually reached out to you (and I’m super late) and we’ve gotten it taken care of. This is not a bug but more of an “easter egg” or hidden achievement that will not show up until completed. If you think this should change feel free to send in a Feature Request :slight_smile:

Hey @Reamonn_Lenkas our apologies for the delay! We have a badge issue that we are currently monitoring and this seems to be in the same vein. I will get updates as soon as possible, thank you for the heads up!

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you - the numbers don’t add up.

And y’all thought I was some crazy obsessive! :wink:

For anyone catching up on this thread, here is (hopefully) a quick summary.

Zwift support redeemed themselves by giving some straight answers. And I understand now (mostly) why they were so evasive.

There are hidden ‘easter egg’ achievements in the game. They confirmed there is a maximum of 41 badges available to cycling Zwifters who do not run.

I can only find information on 39 achievement badges for cyclists on the Zwift support site or on any of the fan sites I am aware of.

This means there are 2 additional ‘easter egg’ badges available to discover somewhere in the game for people who are good at that sort of thing. Go find.

They also finally confirmed that the current achievement total DOES indeed include the running badges - even if you don’t run. Or conversely, does include the cycling badges, even if you don’t cycle.

This makes it impossible for single-sport Zwifters to complete. But the good news is I understand there will be discussions about changing that in the future as Run is still in beta. Fingers crossed they split them.

None of this explains the 2 missing running badges demonstrated above, but perhaps this is the badge issue Vincent alludes to.

I look forward to the update!

Hi Vincent, any updates on this now after two months?

The maximum number of badges showing as being available still makes no sense.

Even if I were to complete all the visible achievements and discover the two easter eggs, my total would be 41/52 - the annoying discrepancy of 11 due to the running badges being lumped in with the general/cycling badges.

But your own support site lists 13 running-specific achievements, not 11.

So if I took a dislike to my knees and started running again - and completed all those achievements, I would have a grand total of 54 badges (41 general/cycling + 13 running) - giving me 54 out of 52. Pretty impressive stuff.

I really hate to bang on about this - and I have given up on attempting 100% completion as a result of this, but there is something wrong here!

I don’t think Vincent is around much anymore so replying to him will not help much.

Anyone from Zwift can reply, I’m not fussy.

Having hit the glass ceiling of 106 cycling badges, but still unable to reach 100% completion due to the running badges, I thought I’d revisit this thread.

To my surprise, a year has slipped by. And yet nobody from Zwift has bothered to clear this up.

The numbers have changed since the route badge expansions but this still makes no sense. A complete list is also remarkably difficult to find so hopefully this will help other puzzled Zwifters.

There are:

12 General Badges

17 Cycling Achievement Badges

67 Route Badges (cycling)

10 Extra Credit (cycling) Badges

Giving a total of 106 for the intrepid Zwifter on two wheels.

However, the maximum shown (discovered) badges is 128. Meaning that if a Zwifter does not run, it is impossible to attain 100% completion. If this doesn’t interest you then look away now, we are finished.

But even the running badges make no sense. As far as I can work out, there are:

11 Running Achievement Badges

2 Extra Credit Running Badges (Going the Distance, Olympian)

8 Running-only Route Badges (I couldn’t find ANY lists of run-only route badges and had to use the ‘Run only’ filter on routes in the ZwiftInsider ‘Complete Master List’ that list a badge XP amount - which suggests they carry a badge status.

That brings us to a total of 21 run-specific badges. 106 + 21 = 127, not the ‘128’ total given on my badges page.

Now perhaps I am missing 1 running route badge. But as I said, finding information on those was a nightmare.

BUT - there is one more important point.

Zwift admitted in this very thread that THERE ARE TWO MORE HIDDEN EASTER EGG BADGES FOR CYCLISTS.. Meaning the absolute maximum number of badges is actually 130.

However, despite a year having slipped by since this came to light, not one Zwifter has found either of these easter eggs - and they may have been in the game for a lot longer than that. So what is the point?

For anyone interested in this particular aspect of the game (and as I said, if you are not interested - move along now), then I can only conclude the badge system is still a mess.

If Zwift care so little about it, they should remove it completely. If they do care about it and insist on keeping it then they need to fix it. I can only hope that the UI refresh promised by some pundits will bring a coherent badge system.

If you’re saying you have 106 cycling badges, then I suggest you go get as many running badges and see what percentage you arrive at. What percentage are you currently at?

Impressive that you’ve completed all the route badges!

As you know, some badges will not appear in the listing until you actually achieve them (hidden/easter-egg).

Hello,
There are more than 8 running routes badges. Here is a screenshot of my page with 11 routes.

The last one (May Field) has been added a few weeks ago.

I didn’t sign up to Zwift to go running, and I have no intention of starting now - that is the whole point here.

As for the Easter eggs:

1. Scores of thousands of Zwifters have been playing the game for years and yet nobody has stumbled across them.

2. The vast majority of Zwifters have no idea that the two additional hidden badges even exist, never mind having any clues as to what the challenges might be.

:joy: Fair enough! Running isn’t for everyone, much less Zwift running. I too have no interest in Zwift running.

Looking at your screenshot, it shows a possible total of 128. Mine only shows a total possible of 124. That is what I am referring to in regards to hidden/easter-eggs. Some do not appear until you have actually achieved/unlocked them. Like I am short 4 possible compared to you, you too could be short compared to someone else. I wonder what those 4 are?

I expect the four you mentioned are in this section:

The difference being that information about each one of those is available publicly.

As far as I can ascertain, Zwift have not even hinted as to what they additional two might be, and nobody has ever publicly claimed to have attained them.

In fact, the only reference to them I can find is the mention of them by the member of Zwift support staff in this thread. The whole thing seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I am with you on this. It’s a total joke, running and biking shouldn’t be combined. Further, the count is off.