Minimum spec for Extreme display

I know this question has been done a thousand times over, and apologise in advance for the 1,001st time, but I am SO out of touch with PC specs these days.

Can anyone say if the following specs would be sufficient for running Zwift in Extreme resolution, or point me in the right direction for an affordable set up please?

• Fast Intel Core i5 2nd Gen. 3.10 GHz, Memory: 16 GB RAM Memory, Hard Drive: 1 TB Hard Drive
  • GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5 Card
Processor Type Core i5
Processor Speed 3.10 GHz
Processor Count 1
RAM Size 16 GB
Memory Technology DDR3 SDRAM
Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Size 1 TB
Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA
Additional Drives DVD
Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Graphics Card Description nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Graphics RAM Type GDDR5

Yes, as per Zwift Hardware that would exceed the minimum for Extreme resolution within Zwift (yes, the processors is below minimum, but that shouldn’t make a difference).

I would also recommend a SSD over a HDD for Windows 10.

I have run the GTX 1050 ti for Zwift and it works great and the output is 1080p.

1 Like

Thanks Paul. I have looked at the specs over and over, and get so muddled with which gen of processor etc. So many quad core out there, but some older than others.
Just wanted to be sure the output would be worth the outlay :slight_smile:

Silky smooth and good detail is what I want, get me through the winter.

Comment on the SDD noted, I did wonder that too. Thanks

I would say yes it will.

Edit: But Paul beat me to the answer.

Just check that the PCI slot on the motherboard (MB) is capable it must be at least PCIe 2.0 but PCIe 3.0 prefered.

1 Like

I overclocked my 1050ti using Afterburner, it’s really simple and straightforward and could give you a little more detail.

2 Likes

Thanks for that Gerrie, I will take a proper look when I finally get my head around all these numbers haha.

Sounds complicated for my tiny mind @Paul_Allen But if I end up with this I will give you a shout. Did it need overclocking to run extreme, or are you just tweaking?

I was just tweaking since I also using the card for other things.

1 Like

Gotcha. This would literally just be used for Zwift, and maybe a little Office work.
Thanks again :slight_smile:

No, Just for Zwift :rofl:. The only office work allowed on that PC is while Zwifting. :rofl:

1 Like

Haha trust me, the PC in the mancave rarely gets used for anything other than Zwift. I am usually too keen to get the heck out of there after training, and reluctant to enter again in case Watopia consumes me like Jumanji !!

2 Likes