Make use of the M1 processor on iPad Pros

1650 got Ultra profile almost bang on a year after it was released.

1 Like

+1 for ultra on M1 iPad

3 Likes

So, second half of 2022 then?

1 Like

It has been a long, long wait.

2 Likes

I’m not sure M1 can handle Ultra to be honest. High would be good.

1 Like

One more. @zwift please address this.

3 Likes

Hi, requesting the same for my M1 iPad Pro, please :pleading_face:

4 Likes

I’m using two MacBook Pros: one 13" with an M1 chip and one 16" with an M1 Pro chip. On both computers, there are no rider shadows despite being set on an Ultra profile. Screenshot attached - see the lack of shadows underneath each rider.

I saw a reference to this in a different support thread, but the original request in that thread was marked as resolved while this issue persists.

They’re set on Ultra resolution. M1 devices get High profile, not Ultra. Resolution and profile are separate things, we cannot manually choose the profile.

That being said, High profile should get rider shadows.

2 Likes

I’m afraid not, the profile is automatically determined by the game based on the hardware and Zwift HQ have decided that M1 devices should get High profile. There are a couple of minor tweaks that can be made via the config file, but this isn’t the same thing as being on a different profile.

The shadows being missing on M1 devices is a bug, one that’s been going on for a while…

3 Likes

Thanks Dave! Deleted my response because I saw that you mentioned that this was not user configurable in your previous post. Appreciate the context.

2 Likes

+1 for high profile on M1 iPads

3 Likes

+1 for High profile on M1 iPads…

4 Likes

Is there a place where we can see the submitted bugs, like for example the missing rider shadows for M1 Mini, etc?

I report back if I learn anything useful:

That’s not quite correct. The resolution and profile are independent of one another. What you choose in the game settings menu (resolution) does not affect the profile which is automatically selected by the game. It’s perfectly possible to run the game in 576p resolution and Ultra detail, for example. The higher resolution options do not appear for selection on devices that get lower profiles though. The M1 devices report via the log file that they are running High profile; High should get rider shadows. It’s not related to your resolution choice.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for correction. Hopefully it’s close enough to accurate that they understand that it’s a bug. The main thing being that high profile is missing attributes that we believe it should have.

+1 give the M1 iPad Pro users the goods (aka better graphics pls)

2 Likes

+1 pls give the M1 iPad Pro better graphics … it’s like a Pro Race-Bike which you only use for driving to the grocery next street

Was there an improvement with the latest update, i get the impression the textures have higher resolution and lightning has advanced. Rider shadow is still missing…