Make the course gradient graph much more visible

Agree!! It needs to happen or make it available at the bottom besides the zone bar

1 Like

Pls do something else with the hill profile to make it actually useful. Right now its a tiny display under the course map. But its too small and I can’t tell whether I’m going L-R or R-L. There are other icons which make it far too cluttered.

I would like to see it moved to the bottom strip with a “switch” option to display between power output (as it displays now), all hill profile, split with 1/2 each, or all “off”.

The Route Descriptions course profiles in Zwift Insider are actually quite nice. You don’t need all the text and labels, but something like that profile on the bottom ribbon with my current position (moving L-R) would be great!!!

Or even the simpler version there.

2 Likes

The arrow is too small to discern my direction on my laptop screen.

2 Likes

I use my 10’’ tablet with zwift and i have problems to see details of the elevation profile. Is there a way to enlarge it a little bit?

1 Like

There isn’t no but it’s something that gets requested often.

Vote up one of the current threads.

Yes to this request - add my vote! In short, there should be more ability to customize the interface (which metrics are present and the layout - maybe there are a few built-in options, but then allow for a custom option where users can toggle things on/off and resize/reposition on the screen). Personally, I could care less about nearby riders, which takes up about 25% of the screen, currently.

I agree with what people are saying here, that in real life, you wouldn’t have indicators like this and would have to blindly ride hills for unfamiliar routes. However, where I disagree is that you can’t tell the difference between a 5% grade and 15% in the game, where you surely could tell in real life. Further, you will certainly be able to tell where the top/bottom of a hill is while approaching it in real life, where this is not obvious at all in Zwift. So, to me, in order to get a more real-world ride, this metric is critical. Further, this is essentially the entire reason to have a smart trainer in the first place (automated resistance). At least with a dial on an old-school exercise bike you have some indicator of intensity/duration of the resistance. Zwift, with all its bells and whistles (and cost) should not be a step backwards. I’m baffled that this is included, but so small that it’s unusable to anyone with no ability to resize. Are you kidding me?!

Hi there,
I’m rather new to Zwift and next to other things, I’m struggeling with the elevation profile.
On one hand it’s a bit confusing to me, since it doesn’t seem to cover the entire route, but maybe that’s just a matter of getting used to it.

What I’m really struggeling with is that
a) it’s shown rather “flat” in the Desktop app. I mean, it barely makes the gradient predictable, and also it doesn’t show shorter flat parts during a climb.

b) the companion app doesn’t show it at all. I hoped that this app is made to show items which would make the normal HUD too bloated, but instead I can’t find it at all in there.

This may sound like a complaint or a feature request, but my main reason for posting is to understand how those millions other Zwifters are seeing this. Am I doing something wrong? Or am I just too demanding? Or is this a frequent feature request already?

Thx!
Greetings from Austria

1 Like

its a regular request to improve it, zwift don’t listen

3 Likes

@RichardG - You’re not doing anything wrong, it’s complete garbage as implemented. Totally baffling that something that 18K people may use on a Winter’s day and this is an “acceptable” thing.

I’ve gone and paid for Sauce for Zwift and have added customized elevation info to my Sauce HUD (both on the map and as another data field) that makes it much more usable. I was already using the free version of Sauce for Strava, so now as a supporter of the developer, I get can both for $2/month. The app can do SO much more too, not too hard to figure out if it seems interesting to you.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if you can add an incline / gradient indicator to the dashboard much like the one you get on garmin 1030 for example.

No I’m afraid that’s not possible.

An improved version of what we have is a popular request.

1 Like

Ok. As an alternative are you able to connect the garmin 1030 so that it shows the gradient you are on? I paired my garmin but the speed etc were way off what zwift said on the dashboard and it wouldn’t calibrate. It kept saying calibration failed.

I don’t believe that’s possible either.

Calibration is not the problem. But don’t calibrate your trainer in Zwift, use the manufacturer’s app.

The profile is so small it is impossible to tell flats from hills. I never know which way I am going on the profile. Devote more vertical screen space to the profile and maybe even color code the profile to identify the grade. 0-2% gray, 3-4% green, etc. I don’t care what the profile is behind me, so just have the left edge be me and the upcoming profile is shown scrolling toward me on the right.