Logical Mt. Fuji Expansion

A logical Mt. Fuji expansion with climbs as well as rollers and the all-important "flat routes
" for group rides. Image is based on some actual roads in the area.

i love that you put the connectors to all the places that appear “stubbed” out on the map already. well done!

also, one thing that i dislike about the neokyo expansion is that there is only 1 road to connect it to makuri. i like how you have multiple, that would help the looping quite a bit.

1 Like

Another logical connection would be via the blocked-off bridge at the Neokyo port/marina (near the Crit Course starting pen).

If this route is adopted, I think Asian users, especially Japanese users, will be happy.
Mt. Fuji has three paved routes: Fuji Subaru-Line, Fuji Sky-Line, and Fuji Azami-Line.
Each of which hosts the country’s largest amateur hill climb race as well as professional races in Japan.

2 Likes

Masa: Excellent observation…

Makuri really needs a minimum 400M+ climb and this would be amazing.

Very cool idea

1 Like

This was posted on another site, apparently taken from the game. Not a million miles away?

2 Likes

Wow. Almost a perfect prediction of the Urukazi map expansion and 10 months in advance. This person has sources!

6 Likes

Great spot! Notice the additional road heading off to Fuji too. I guess however they got this, they can probably access the Fuji map layout too. I’ll see if I can dig up the original.

1 Like

Thanks for the post Lee - Sadly I am not on Facebook, so I can’t see it.

2 Likes

no one can see it

2 Likes

It worked for me. I guess you have to already be a member of the Zwift Hype Facebook group.

that must be it

I found it ‘interesting’ that for the Urukazi map expansion Zwift did not use the fork inside the tunnel to Neokyo but, instead, put the intersection just outside the tunnel. Seemed an odd choice and leave me wondering if that extra tunnel road will be put into use at some point in the future, or will just become another permanent ‘under construction’ area, like the one on the descent to the jungle.

1 Like

Nigel. I am often surprised by the choices Zwift makes. Apparently though (given the map that was posted 10 months ago), the routes are pretty much planned out months (years?) in advance.

I was just looking at the ZwiftHype map above more closely. There are a bunch more roads in the Yumezi region than are out in Zwift now. I wonder if those will become small updates in the future.

1 Like

In game those extra bits of road all mostly look like gravel and some cross the roads with pedestrian crossings. So perhaps they could be running routes.

I never thought to consider that they could be those running paths. Good eyes.

1 Like

Same here.