Link to MyFitnessPal app

I can connect to various @UnderArmour apps like @MapMyRide but seemingly not @MyFitnessPal.
Can this be added so that rides are exported as an exercise/calorie deficit data?

I don’t think my MyFitnessPal can accept .fit files as input. But the good news is MyFitnessPal will link to Strava and MapMyRide. So if you link MapMyRide or Strava to Zwift then MyFitnessPal can get data from those.

2 Likes

That’s good to know. I already have MFP linked to Cyclemeter for real rides, and Cyclemeter uploads to Strava. If I link MFP to Strava for the Zwift rides, will it double count the real rides (ie take feeds from both Cyclemeter and Strava)?

Would I be better unlinking Cyclemeter and just getting all the feeds from Strava? :thinking:

Thanks,

Andrew

I suspect that it will, you will need to test it. I would think getting everything from Strava will be good.

Is it the Strava app it’ll connect to or the website? I use Cyclemeter to push to Strava web, I don’t use the Strava app :thinking:

Thanks,

Andrew

Both the app and web site are supported by the same server, so they are effectively one and the same. Connect mfp to either one.

Cheers! Did so and it comes through, though the activity is showing as General Aerobics rather than cycling. Any way round that? :thinking:

Thanks,

Andrew

You said your data path us Zwift->Cyclemeter->Strava->MFP. When Zwift uploads activities directly to Strava, the activities are tagged as virtual rides. I would look at your settings in Cyclemeter to see how it is tagging activities received from Zwift. Look also to make sure the activities in Strava are not inadvertently getting mistagged. I don’t have any experience with MFP to know whether it can handle an activity tagged as virtual cycling. I suppose it’s possible that it retags to aerobics as a work around.

I don’t think there is a solution to that. MFP is a bit dumb, I don’t think MFP has a category for virtual cycling.

Thanks - that was my conclusion too!

Thanks,

Andrew