Landscape Companion App

I also support your issue, I bought totday a Tacx holder and didin’t notice landscape was the only mounting option.

2 Likes

I up vote this. I’m using a Samsung Galaxy Tab running Android.

2 Likes

are there any News at this Topic, in the meanwhile i use my Handy instead of my tablet in the Tacx Tablet holder :smiley:

2 Likes

6months later, it’s difficult to understand that this feature hasn’t been implemented yet. :thinking: I wouldn’t even consider responsive UI a feature anymore, more a compulsory standard ingrained in proper web and Android UI design these days. Keep at it! Thank you, Zwift :blush::+1:

2 Likes

rotation works OK on android and ios. I use it in tacx tablet holder on samsung tablet in landscape.

1 Like

I would love to see “Portrait Mode” implemented in Companion.
It would be way more convenient when using my tablet.

2 Likes

So the Companion App still does not support Landscape mode on Android, right?

1 Like

Please add me to the list of folks who would like to see a native iPad/tablet app that works in landscape. Using Apple TV and don’t have a way to type. Plus I’m old and blind and can’t see the small iphone screen, especially with sweat in my eyes!

Thanks and Ride On!

4 Likes

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 11:19 AM <xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com](mailto:xxxxxx@gmail.com)> wrote:

The Z Companion. Designed to use mostly phones. I use a 10.1 Screen tablet. Unfortunately The companion can not flip the screen. Could be cool if It does. Very convenience too. In my case “Android Tablet” I can cast the tablet screen to a bigger TV using my easy way Chromecast or direct wire connection. This Casting has nothing to do with the Zwift Companion, but if ZC not flip my casting not flip when I flipping my tablet. Just Add to your App be flip-able flowing the Device position Vertical or Horizontal. Please. more area for Bigger Maps and maybe A Discord voice chat

1 Like

I can’t believe this doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

We have been begging for it for 2 years!

4 Likes

Exactly my problem… I think it shouldn’t be a hard issue to fix. I’m sure many of us users have the same problem and want to free up the phone for calls and everything else

1 Like

They should have worked on it by now

2 Likes

Stephan… you are so right… it almost imposible to see that app on the phone!!! Lets write until they come up with a fix

2 Likes

Yes - another vote for this feauture -cos we allready have landscape using tweaks and apps - but we want it native!

1 Like

I just bought a Tacx Tablet holder, and to my surprise the companion-app doesn’t support landscape mode. I would like to support the request for this to be done.

3 Likes

if you are on android i have a workaround - if you enable split screen mode (How to Use Split-Screen Mode on your Android Phone | Digital Trends) then with two apps running (i usually just have a blank chrome tab open or something) the companion app is the right way around.

not the best but works for now

1 Like

Another vote for companion app in landscape mode. Responsive design is expected, basic functionality.

2 Likes

I am another Zwift rider using AppleTV for the main Zwift app and using a Tacx iPad holder for Zwift Companion and other apps. Would also welcome Landscape in Companion App or, as others have also requested, an iPad version of the Companion App.

C’mon Zwift, this thread goes back years. Please focus on long standing basic functionality like this for core features before spending thousands of development hours on off road and steerable bikes.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Yes, we need this. This can’t be too difficult.

1 Like