Landscape Companion App

Please, please, please can we get the companion app to support landscape mode. My Tacx tablet holder does not hold a phone and only holds the iPad in landscape. I run Zwift on the appleTV and use the iapd for the companion app.

Thanks for the request Steve! I’ll forward it over

10 Likes

Yes, please!

4 Likes

Agreed. Would be so useful

2 Likes

Also running a Tacx iPad holder. Would also welcome Landscape in Companion App. :+1:

4 Likes

same here, Tacx Tablet holder with Samsung Tablet, Landscape is needed :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes please. I understand it’s practically developing a new tab, but even if you’d allow to rotate screen leaving wide black stripes on sides, it still would help.

3 Likes

I would also love the landscape option. Happy to have a cropped vertical screen as mentioned above.

2 Likes

Also would appreciate this - with the phone/tablet holder on my bike, the charging port is covered up if you put it in portrait mode, so if there was a landscape setting for the app, I could keep my phone on charge while using the Companion app (which does run down the battery really quickly).

3 Likes

yep - another vote for this from me!

3 Likes

Up vote here, Running on 7inch tablet

3 Likes

I had the same problem but found loads of apps for controlling orientation in Google store. I installed ‘Rotation Control’ (free), set it to application specific and told it that Companion was landscape and it worked. Mine is an android fix but as ipad apps out-number android there’s bound to be plenty to look at. I agree it would be much better if native in the Zwift app but this will get us by until then. Good luck.

3 Likes

:+1: please …

3 Likes

Adding my request for the same!!! Just sent a support request before looking here.

3 Likes

Yes, why is this not on the app already???!!

3 Likes

I’d like that too please!

3 Likes

I’d love this feature and have asked this a few months back. (After I broke my old IPad when sprinting) sooooooo £350 later I’m asking again. I’m a beacon on GGCC group rides so Companion is essential. At the moment my iPad is tie wrapped to my Tacx holder. Not ideal.

2 Likes

I regularly use iPad as companion app to Apple TV zwift session, this feature would be much appreciated!

3 Likes

One more vote here.

3 Likes

Another vote here.
Tried running horizontally on treadmill, didn’t work. Landscape would be so much easier and treadmill friendly.
I remember Word on Windows 3.1 could do both portrait and landscape in the early 90’s, can’t be that hard a task for you Zwift genies?!

3 Likes