Kids cycling event

If anyone would like kids only cycling events on zwift to help bring the youth cycling community together for a social ride and an occasional race. Please upvote this topic. I would really love for zwift to have youth rides. If you are a junior like me! Please upvote. Adults too!

Everyone please upvote this. I would really appreciate it!!! Even if you are not a junior. Thanks all!

12 Likes

Yes please!

2 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s a good idea, Iā€™m also 11
Wud love to ride with my age groupā€¦!

3 Likes

yes, i really loved this feature for kids race in january 2019 by kiss rt but they quit doing that cause adults were joining and wining easy. but now zwift has gender locks so why not age locks

6 Likes

agreed it shouldnā€™t be that hard to make it only juniors

5 Likes

We have several kids teams already so we could have team invite only too

4 Likes

i wonder if zwift or another team will create the eventšŸ’

4 Likes

If zwift Is willing to do an event, I have a few ideas on what I would with it. Maybe for group rides have a different leader each time to give everyone a feel for what it is like. I think that the teams idea is great but I think that that would come later on in the future.

4 Likes

I was also thinking for the races it would be FFA. Let me know what you all think and spread the news about this idea! Thx all!

4 Likes

Good ideaā€‹:+1::+1::+1:. This will be soooo fun!!!

3 Likes

Great idea! :smile: Sounds like a lot of fun! :wink:

3 Likes

Even if we did get alot of votes for this feature would Zwift do it? Zwift seems like itā€™s expanding towards the pro platform, they havenā€™t done anything for kids besides the free account for those with a parent already on Zwift. Are they just waiting till ā€œEnoughā€ kids start Zwifting? If so that will probably never happen, they need to expand kids rides first then more kids will start.

4 Likes

I know a few clubs put on kids groups rides already (not many but its more than a year ago so growing) but if you want to get something more race focused, how bout you hit up one of the clubs to launch a regular race in the timezone that works for you? Go and canvass users on Zwiftriders (FB group) to get support and find best time(s) then youā€™ll be able to show the organisers that it will be worth the effort.

2 Likes

Ok. Thx for the tip. Although Iā€™m a kid so I donā€™t have Facebookā€¦,

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I am 11 years old and I was struggling to find events for kids, but I discovered 2 different ones that some of
you might be interested in.
The SAS - Kids Ride, and the, Team CLS Kids Ride

1 Like

Those rides are for kids but adults join them for some reason. They also are not races.

True, but the adults are mainly there to incourage you in the chat. Plus it goes a bit quick for a group ride and has results at the end!

Some events and races for kids would be fantastic.

Quick searches of Zwiftpower and Zwifthacks return no results for kids. Does anyone know if any are planned?

I am currently running a series for kids(zracecentral.com has info). Other than that, there are no series for kids.

Zwift cannot run their own events because of legal issues.

1 Like