"Keep Together" broken in Meetups [v 1.0.50775]

I wouldn’t expect this to be fixed with a one-off update either, it will probably have to wait until the end of June when the monthly update is rolled out. The only exception that I know of was from the April update when the bug was introduced that made people fly off at ludicrous speeds, they fixed that quickly and released a patch a few days after the main update. That is not the norm however, and since this is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, I don’t expect to see it being addressed quickly.

4 Likes

@Fraser_Jordan
This bug has the highest priority. I will update this thread when I have more concrete information.

13 Likes

What is your SLO for highest priority bugs?

1 Like

Ok glad it’s been recognized FINALLY as it’s been happening since at least 4 weeks ago… I reported this with the meetup-only view roll out and it was alien talk. As of this morning, it is still happening

1 Like

I’m use to the voices in my head so the "other world " chatter doesn’t bother me. I will admit it is distracting when trying to follow conversation on my app verses the side bar. If the other chatter could be a different color on the companion, would be helpful

2 Likes

It’s not “pretty minor”, Mike. And it’s good that Zwift don’t seem to see it that way either.

1 Like

Well to me that is minor, it’s not stopping you from riding or having a meetup. A few months ago the rubberband wasn’t even an option. Hopefully I’m wrong, and they issue a patch for it as soon as they fix it. We’ll see.

I’m still having this issue hope it’s fixed soon, the best part of Zwift is group rides and I’m stuck riding by myself.

2 Likes

Just had a message from zwift about this on faffbook messenger;
“We’re planning to have this fixed but it’s not in the pipeline for the near future”.
Vague.

That does not sound promising - most ‘normal’ companies would not take away functionality that is key and say the fix is not in the pipeline. The keep together isn’t working for group workouts or meet ups.

1 Like

I am glad to hear it. Group workouts are usually good value but won’t be doing anymore until all the bobbing and weaving has been fixed. Thanks.

1 Like

The only reason we do group ride is to allow different level riders ride together. It is very discouraging for some slow folks to fall behind. They often lost the interests to join the group ride again. Please please fix this. We need this feature back ASAP!

5 Likes

Hi, in the last week, specifically since the release I think in Australia it was last Wed/Thurs (27th/28th) we have noticed that there are pretty interesting issues in the group ride using the option to keep together. These are new to us and we have been riding as a group for a few weeks now.

The issue is that the leader or organiser can drift of the back up to 5 to 7 minutes behind the other riders over a 45 to 50 minute ride. This may or may not be related to another rider joining late and banding to one of riders in the group.

Thank you for looking at this issue.

David Bullock

1 Like

I don’t do a lot of group rides, so I only got to see this last night on the group workout with Alex Dowsett.
It looks like it was decided that even on Zwift we should be doing social distancing, while weaving around as if drunk :smiley:

Edit: Thankfully I was too busy doing the intervals to care about the weaving, but I can imagine it would be horrible on a normal group ride.

1 Like

I experienced exactly the same “ Drunk” riding today on a group ride, it’s horrible and practically unusable. I felt sick, dizzy and its really NOT enjoyable! Please fix ASAP
Cheers

1 Like

Nothing to do with a banded rider. In the group ride today (Innsbruck), we had a strong rider pushing 2w/kilo today struggle to keep up and dropped while most of us pushing 1.2 - 1.5 w/kilo. At one stage he caught up and what was odd was that another one rider got dropped almost immediately. (It was almost like a set processing error.) This has never happened before last Thursday week ago that I can recall.

1 Like

When is the keep everyone together function going to be fixed? It hasn’t been working since the last update. We have series of charity group rides planned for 12/13 June and it is going to cause real problems for our event and fundraising if this isn’t fixed soon. Our event relies on it. Please Zwift can you fix this bug!

7 Likes

Just experienced the same in same lactate workout. Very sad to not be in a group that’s kind of the point! The weaving is awful when you are trying to focus on smooth power output. I had to switch to camera view 7.

In group rides and workouts, my avatar, as well as many others I see, rides in the middle of the road and then every few seconds slides to the left edge of the road and then whips back to the center over, and over, and over, and over… through the entire ride. After a few minutes, it’s very distracting and makes it hard to concentrate on your workout.

Latest code on all devices: Apple TV 4K and Mac Mini Catalina, and companion on both Android and iOS.

1 Like

Since the update, I’ve had the same issue in at least a half dozen group workouts. No one is staying together. By the end of the ride, some people are 10 minutes ahead or behind. Closest to me has been over a minute each way.

Latest code on all devices: Apple TV 4K and Mac Mini Catalina, and companion on both Android and iOS.

1 Like