Kask Protone Icon Mission FAQ [2022]

Did the Alpe this morning and it’s recorded it fine. 42% for road to sky route.

2 Likes

Hi Jo - we looked into your situation and it looks like you registered for the mission after completing your ride yesterday. Any rides you complete now should count towards your elevation goal.

2 Likes

I’m adding climbing PP rides for next week to help people finish off the mission.

We’ll also have some climbing events in July (no related to this challenge, but just saying).

3 Likes

Hey everyone! Thanks for raising the concerns that have been seen with the Kask Mission. The mission started at 8am PDT, but we’re looking into some options and hope to have more information soon.

I apologize for the delay in posting but I appreciate everyone’s patience.

Due to the confusion around the start time of the mission, as of this morning we have credited everyone who completed a ride on 6/16 between 00:01 AM UTC and 15:00 PM UTC (prior to the mission start time) and did not get credit towards their elevation. We appreciate everyone’s patience while we worked through this and will be looking to implement improvements in missions moving forward. Since credit has already been applied, you will not need to write in to support.

2 Likes

Hi folks, can anyone tell me if there is a glitch recording your completed elevation on routes for this mission/task? I recently completed The Uber Pretzel only to find that the kask icon mission had no elevation recorded. My zwift riding partner had also recorded 2 personal bests today, but alas no elevation was recorded for either event. Tia. :see_no_evil:

The mission’s been active for over 48 hours and there hasn’t been an avalanche of similar complaints (like there have been in previous cases of buggy activity launches). So far, there’s only been one case here on the Forums, and a Zwift representative said that the logs indicated that the person had only registered for the mission after doing the ride.

Have you actively registered for the mission? There should be a tile for the mission on your home screen that confirms that you’re registered. But if you just did 2388m of climbing and got zero credit for the mission despite being registered already, that would be… annoying.

There’s one other thing to take into account. According to the information in Companion, your long ride ended on 17 June, but depending on your location geographically, could the ride have started before the mission start time of 08:01 PDT on 16 June? If you’re out in UTC+13 territory, that isn’t impossible. Hoping I’m wrong.

Hi and thanks for your reply, yes I started on the 17th and my friend did his on the 18th. Bit annoying but I still enjoyed my 8 hour ride all the same, would have been cool if it added to the mission. :slight_smile: just checked, I did have the tile too….

As per Roules question, did you specifically register prior to the ride? Very easy to think you’ve signed up when you haven’t.

1 Like

Hi yes quite sure I had already registered.

I actually have the same problem. I’ve filed a question with them and Zwift support acknowledged that I have missing elevation. I’m seeing if they can get that fixed.

Hi, that’s interesting, having completed over 7,000 feet I wasn’t too impressed that day!!! I’d be surprised if they will add it on, but worth an ask.

Yes, I experienced missing elevation too. I registered for the mission, later rode Tour of Fire and Ice. The saved ride says I did 1183 m elevation, but the mission progress said 1175 m.

Hi Andrew, I’d actually be happy just to lose 8m but the last 8km on Alpe Du Zwift was particularly hard … :slight_smile:

I did a pace ride yesterday, 97m elevation. The mission tally says 1275 m elevation, so it seems to be going in 25 m increments

Awesome, I’m told it was a technical glitch & it can’t be added. No worries I’ll enjoy racking up some new routes, two more high elevation rides should crack it this week. Good luck with yours Andrew :four_leaf_clover:

It looks like Zwift are using the same old bassackwards system for this mission as was used in the Wahoo Climbing Mission of January this year, and that was criticized at the time.

Basically, the game takes the user’s total vertical gains, calculates that value as a percentage of the total (2500 metres), rounds that number to the nearest whole number (up or down), and then generates the total elevation in metres from that rounded value. Thus, the actual value indicated in metres could be wrong by +/- 25 metres, just so that the numbers displayed in the mission tile in game are whole.

Since we see the totals in metres gained at the end of each ride, it would be more accurate for the value in metres to be correct and for the percentage of mission accomplished to be displayed to more than zero decimal places, but I guess it doesn’t look as clean. :man_shrugging:

I think ‘bassackwards’ is going to be my new word :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi Mick, want to let you know Zwift support was able to credit the elevation to the Kask mission. Good luck!