Ironman Simulation

Hello! New to ZWIFT. I have my first Ironman in Aug 2020, and would love to train on the bike course that I will be cycling (Penticton, BC, Canada). Can I program a route, or is there Ironman bike course routes found somewhere online? Not knowing my power output, can I ride a course that mimics the incline % and distances? Who would I write to see if Ironman bike routes can be programmed into the system?
Sorry if these questions are “silly”, I am just not sure how to use Zwift to maximize my prep for IM.

Thanks!

1 Like

No you can’t ride custom routes. Zwift has many different routes, pick something similar. I would suggest doing some workouts.

1 Like

Technically you can as I have done it for the superfrog 70.3 route. I uploaded the route file to the custom workout folder and ride it when needs be. The problem you will find is that you’ll find the resistance increase when replicating a hill in the workout (the route) however you’ll still be on flat on zwift - if that makes sense, more about getting your head around it.

However for the life of me I can’t remember how I did it (you may have to Google it) but it can be done.

1 Like

@Kevin_Marshallsay_BR

I think you are referring to this site. https://whatsonzwift.com/gpx-to-zwift-workout/

No, however thank you for that didn’t know that one existed, shall use that as well, after searching it was bestbikesplit.com (limited admittedly on their free account which I have to a certain number of courses but as I say I was after superfrog and it seemed to work OK)

1 Like