[iOS] Watch os7 + iOS 14 ZC heart rate issues

Not a massive deal since I am running beta apple software but I will let you know in the first instance.

Apple Watch cellular 44m s4 watch os7 b2
iPhone XS Max iOS 14 b2
latest zwift companion app

heart rate does not sync when I pair it with PC - it flashes up but then loses signal and just says ‘UNPAIRED’.

I believe this is not me doing things wrongly I think there may need a change on one of the apps.

Obviously I know that I am an edge case but would hope for the app dev team to look at this before September when the latest iOS, apple watch OS is released etc.

Hopefully the above helps.

Cheers

Using the recently released production version of IOS 14 and Watch OS 7 and having the exact same issue.

2 Likes

Hi similar issues upgraded today to latest version of iPadOS and now zwift will not recognise any of my HRM (garmin and wahoo)

1 Like

Same issue. Apple TV, pairing thru Companion App using Apple Watch. All on most recent versions. Unable to maintain the pairing to the Companion App.

When I finished, Zwift Comp App on the Apple Watch continued to run. After re-booting a few times, it still continued to run.

1 Like

I am having this problem as well. If I force close the watch app and restart it picks up again briefly but soon goes back to showing unpaired

Same problem and almost identical setup as original poster. The watch app just won’t stop even after “killing” it.

Did you get a reason/solution?

Nope. It doesn’t happen every time. Probably once every 5 rides. I just reboot my watch. Sometimes twice. Between that, and the constant unpairing while riding, it’s an adventure to find out what’s going to happen during a ride.

Same thing for me on iOS 14.2 and watchOS 7.1 and latest companion app. It always is “Unpaired” and have never been able to get it to pair.

I also never see the Companion app show up under the Health app’s Data Access & Devices. I’d assume the Companion app would need access to the heart rate here, just like the regular Zwift app does.

Same here, with same setup.
Any idea on when this can be resolved.

Currently paused my subscription because of this issue.