Since iOS 14, this is my experience (PC and Apple TV, experience is same):
- Log in to Zwift. Companion app immediately finds watch, HR is shown in pairing screen.
- Once I leave pairing screen and go to Zwift World selection screen, Apple Watch loses HR.
- I click “Ride” and enter Zwift to ride. No HR, I see gray screen on Watch.
- Kill the Companion app on my iPhone. Relaunch Companion app.
- 50/50 chance Watch will re-pair with Companion app and show green HR screen.
- If successful, I will ride for ~15 minutes and HR will be lost.
- Kill Companion app again, hope that it re-pairs with Watch. Typically takes 2-3 times.
- HR will work until end of ride.
- Once ride has ended, Apple Watch will not cease monitoring HR. Even if I kill Companion app on my iPhone.
- Have to go into Watch settings and uninstall Apple Watch Zwift app.
Please explain how the most popular and widely-used heart rate monitor in THE WORLD has such poor support.
Also please explain why fitness apps such as Cyclemeter (from small development teams) can successfully connect iPhone + Watch EVERY SINGLE TIME to get HR yet Zwift’s development team cannot figure this out.
Why must I go spend $80 for a Wahoo Tickr Fit because someone at Zwift does not understand how these two extremely popular devices work with one another?