Intel's Arc 770 graphic card results in basic profile only

It seems Intel’s new Arc 770 graphic card is not listed by Zwift.
According it’s perfomance it should unlock the ULTIMATE profile.

*Ultra :wink:

It’s a manual lookup, this isn’t unusual for a newly released GPU. Ask nicely and they should add it to the list. :+1:

@shooj

2 Likes

@Uli_T welcome to Zwift forums.

I’ve asked the team to add it to the list.

5 Likes

Thanks Shuji

Is there anything I can assist with.
The log file shows
[19:22:53] GFX_Initialize: GL_version = 4.3.0 - Build 31.0.101.3490
[19:22:53] GL_vendor = Intel
[19:22:53] GL_render = Intel(R) Arc™ A770 Graphics

[19:22:53] Calculating Graphics Score
[19:22:53] GFX: Found a vendor/model match for

[19:22:53] Using basic graphics profile

It looks something is wrong. After there should be the detected type - as I’ve seen in a log from another PC.
And ‘basic’ is obviously the fallback profile.

Sorry
it should be
after “match for”

Nothing wrong other than they haven’t added it yet, so it isn’t found.

Hello Shuji,

Is there anything I can assist with.
The log file shows
[19:22:53] GFX_Initialize: GL_version = 4.3.0 - Build 31.0.101.3490
[19:22:53] GL_vendor = Intel
[19:22:53] GL_render = Intel(R) Arc™ A770 Graphics

[19:22:53] Calculating Graphics Score
[19:22:53] GFX: Found a vendor/model match for

[19:22:53] Using basic graphics profile

It looks something is wrong. After “match for” there should be the detected type - as I’ve seen in a log from another PC.
And ‘basic’ is obviously the fallback profile.

Uli

Nothing is wrong. It won’t change until they’ve added your GPU to the list for Ultra, and this can’t happen without a game update anyway.

hey Shooj, just curious if you have any pulse on when this might come? I’m on the verge of replacing a video card and would like to go to the Intel option if possible - but my main use is Zwift these days :stuck_out_tongue:

Why would you like to go Intel, out of interest?

In the price bracket of ~$350, it looks like the A770 beats the RTX3060 in many ways so I’m thinking it’d be a good card for me - since I really don’t replace cards very frequently. The two main machines I have in house are using a 750Ti half height card (my desktop that I use for general stuff) and a 970 (my zwift machine).

I’d be dubious about the quality of drivers at this point, and especially for Zwift which runs on OpenGL.

Assuming the A770 gets Ultra profile at some point, you’re not actually gaining anything over a 970 anyway aside from being able to run 4K60 instead of 1440p60. It looks a tiny bit sharper, that’s literally it. A CPU upgrade is far more beneficial for Zwift.

I added the “Intel Arc 770 Graphics (16GB)” to my PC some weeks ago. With game update 1.32 from december 2022 it gets ‘Ultra’ profile by Zwift. All works perfectly well. Using an office 4K monitor as well as an 4K TV, both limited to 60FPS, I get mostly 60FPS in 4K.
With packed races as well as with packed robo pacer groups in Neokio it delivers appr. 30FPS in 4K. I will made some tests to see what to change to get 60FPS in these cases too.
Besides this the A770 shows BlueRay and UHD content brilliantly. Also with gaming and capturing screen output, I couldn’t find the smallest glitch. I’m convinced it’s a quite perfect product.
Using an Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ 3,60Ghz, Zwift’s CPU load is appr. 6%.
Uli

1 Like

You are CPU limited in those circumstances, the GPU is irrelevant. It would be the same with a GTX 970 or an RTX 4090, on 4K or 576p.

Please also add the ARC 750 to the ultra profile

Contact Zwift support to request it

@luis_gutierrez2
Arc 750 has been added to use Ultra profile. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Hi Shuji,
After todays update to version 1.33.3, I’m still stuck in the lower resolution.
Do you know of this version is meant to have the Arc750 support?

Regards

same for the A380 it seems