In game Cadence not showing

Hi Team
I have a question about cadence reading.
I had no cadence sensor on my bike on the Kickr. Cadence doesn’t show on Zwift but on Zwift Companion it does. It doesn’t however record the cadence anywhere. I have my connection to the Kickr set as by Bluetooth. If I changed this setting to connect through companion, will it show and record my cadence?

Tonight i popped a cadence sensor on my bike to see if Zwift would pick it up in that start up screen, but unfortunately it wont. I have managed to get my cadence on my watch, however its about 15-20 difference from the watch to companion…

Ultimately, I simply need to be able to see and have my cadence recorded, Im not that fussy how this happens Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can do this?

I had the same thing today, no cadence on the computer but had it on the companion app. It happened for workout mode but after the workout summary I rode a bit more and the cadence worked again…

The cadence has Never worked in game for me.
There must be a way to make it work… I just can’t work it out

1 Like

An external cadance sensor would be the best option.

1 Like

That’s what I have
My watch picks it up but zwift wobt

1 Like

Did you ever get a solution to this?? I have the same problem

Have you updated the firmware on your Kickr? The recent update is supposed to have added cadence in Kickr units.

The firmware update which adds cadence is only for the latest KICKRs, the 2018 models. (OP and Dominic didn’t state which KICKR they have.) Per Shane Miller’s “GPLama” YouTube post, Wahoo has not publicly committed on earlier models:

The latest firmware released by Wahoo for both the Kickr18 and Kickr CORE direct drive smart trainers come with two new features. One that brings the Kickr18 and CORE more in line with other trainers on the market and the other is a first we’ve seen on any trainer.

Cadence:
The Kickr18 and CORE will now calculate cadence and transmit that over ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth. It’ll look at the pedalling/resistance curve and calculate your cadence from that… And it does a really good job of it. A REALLY good job of it.

Multiple Bluetooth Connections:
The Kickr18 and CORE will allow multiple Bluetooth connections. You may ask why you’d want this? This gets around the problem where something grabs the Bluetooth connection and when you load your phone, or AppleTV to look for your Kickr - it doesn’t show up on the list. For home users this is a handy update. In a public environment… maybe not so much.

That was the magic fix. Cheers