If I cancel my account and return in the future, will I lose drops and purchased bikes?

Good Morning everyone

My name is Raúl and I have been a Zwift user for almost two years. I am going to change to other country and I will not be able to use zwift for a long time (possibly more than a year) but I would like to return as soon as I can because I love Zwift.

My questions are:

• Can I cancel and re-register in the future at no additional cost and without losing my progress (Including earned drops)?
  • Bicycles purchased with drops will be saved?
  • Is it possible to change country and bank details of another country?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for reaching out!

While we’re sorry to see you go, if you’d like to cancel your membership, you can do so by following the steps in our knowledge base article " Canceling/Suspending Your Account ​."

There’s no need to worry, cancelling won’t erase any of your progress in Zwift; everything you’ve unlocked, such as jerseys, bikes, and levels, will be waiting if you decide that you’d like to ride again. Once you’ve cancelled your account, it’ll be placed on our free membership option, which provides 25 km monthly.

Once you are set up and able to return to Zwift, just put in new accurate billing information, this will update to the new country as long as you put it in, and your membership with the same account will be active again!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know and we’d be more than happy to help!

1 Like

Seth,

There appears to be a new “pause” option, where you can pause your account for up to 8 weeks. I read in an another post that the cancel option is now different and will delete your account. Can you clarify? Thanks.

My subscription expired yesterday (summer here, so I’ve canceled my payment via Apple). This email I got yesterday from Zwift. If I understand it correctly my account will be safe & ready, waiting for my return in autumn - actually the same as it was last year/break. I hope that’s true as I just got my Tron bike and used it for two rides only :slight_smile: (really don’t like the idea to ride whole challenge again :slight_smile: :slight_smile: )

copy of Zwift’s email follows

My account still only shows the ‘Cancel Membership’ option, but what I am curious of is this: Previously the ‘Cancel Membership’ option was the only one available. And if I canceled on the first day of a billing cycle my account would be valid through the end of that billing cycle and just wouldn’t renew. The ‘Pause Membership’ option, though, at least appears to give the impression that I could suspend my account immediately and defer the next billing cycle by the ‘pause’ period. I have no idea if this is correct, as I haven’t seen any sort of explanation of this feature, but I do wonder if that might be how it is different.

Jeffrey - your idea sounds like a very reasonable explanation of what “Pause” could be. This would be very, very useful feature how to meaningfully maintain subscription - for example for Christmas vacation (mostly I’m out of my home for 10 days or so), so I’ll pause it and don’t waste subscription while I’m out of home - definitely can’t use Zwift at all. The same in the case of some indisposition like flu or cold, etc …

Actually this sounds so great and useful, so I simply don’t believe it will be true :slight_smile:

1 Like

More discussion on this topic here:

1 Like

See screenshot taken directly after cancelling my Zwift payment. I also had the option of ‘pausing’

I have always cancelled my subscription when it gets warm enough to bike outside. I have always been able to resume my account with no loss of points, levels, gear, etc. All of these posts above indicate that this is the same. However, is it a scare tactic that the current cancel button says, “We don’t have to part ways if the sun is out. Pause your membership to save your progress for when the weather takes a turn for the worse”. One can read it that your progress will be erased if you cancel but that was never the case in the past.

1 Like