I would like to ride the Haute Route event, but the game engine makes it physically impossible

Depends on your definition of smooth. :wink: When it comes to hitting 60fps, once you get above about a GTX 960 the CPU actually becomes the biggest bottleneck from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Smooth enough for my craptasic TV…lol, not likely as smooth as I am used to when gaming though. It is good to know about these stats, assuming I stick with Zwift when i finish my basement, i was planning on a new TV for the workout area, so I may need to build a SFF with some more “umfffff” to it if I plan to get in on any events with more people in em…unless they come out with Shield support by then.

Zwiftalizer doesn’t collect benchmarks any more, in part because of the large variance in results due to world/crowds etc. It’s always interesting for a quick look though. An old office SFF will normally take a 1650 low profile, which with an i5 or i7 will be plenty good enough for 60fps in solo rides at up to 1440p. They haven’t added Ultra profile for the 1650 yet however, so it defaults to High. Have a look here: Zwift on PC: The Ultimate Guide to Running Zwift at Its Very Best | Zwift Insider

1 Like

Right off the bat i see

“You need a CPU with high clock speed and strong single-thread performance.”

This day in age, how can companies still develop such poorly coded multi-threaded games is always beyond me…So many things going on in this game they could split the load so well between cores.

Good to know past a point it is not worth spending more money until Zwift finds a way to better optimize starts really…I mean the amount of data going to the user is a crap ton. We had to revise our poker software after we hosted our first 1000 person tournament, the seating time took for ever! After that it was done in groups.

I don’t have a problem with a ancient office-CPU. It’s a Intel i5-3470.
Before that I had a i5-3330 and it was fine also.

So far I am good, done 1 race and 1 event, mind you only like 200+ people on the start and it all ran smooth, as much as I would love to go out and build the ultimate Zwift PC, I will wait for that until i finish my basement and have my dedicated work out area.