I’m having trouble getting my Tacx neo 2T to connect to Zwift

Have tried everything I could find on the subject, including turning off Bluetooth on nearby devices. I also use the Tacx/Garmin app, which connects to the trainer with no problem. I disconnect the trainer from the Tacx app to avoid running that while trying to connect to Zwift. When I then try to pair, it just searches in perpetuity. I have even deleted and reinstalled the Zwift app this morning to no avail. Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?

Hi @todd_fredrickson

Welcome to the forum.

What device are you using for Zwift?

Hello and thanks for the reply. An apple MacBook Pro, as well as Zwift companion on my phone.

All tied to the Tacx neo 2T if that’s what you’re asking.

I am not a Apple user.

But let’s try.

When you installed Zwift did you agree to give Zwift all the permissions required.

Check that the trainer is not paired to the device it should only pair within the Zwift app.

Will go back and check the permissions. The trainer was not connected to computer when I checked that.

It all looks in order. I did notice that when it’s pairing with the TACX app, the Bluetooth light on my trainer is lit. There’s nothing when I try to pair the Power source on Zwift.

I’d double check the Bluetooth section inside Security & Privacy within System Preferences - check that Zwift as an app appears in there, otherwise add it.

Zwift can be a bit finicky with the permissions on Mac from my own experience.

1 Like

Thanks Chris. Followed you suggestion. The app was there, but the box was unchecked so I checked just like the tacx app was checked. Still nothing.

I’ve not tried this, but it might be worth deleting prefs.xml and knowndevices.xml from the Zwift folder in Documents, so you clear out all of your old device settings.

Other than that, reinstalling Zwift can often fix things seemingly spontaneously.

2 Likes

So followed your instructions again Chris and then restarted my Mac. That did the trick. Thanks to you and Gerrie for your help on a Saturday morning. Very much appreciated.

1 Like

Cool, glad you got it working! Ride on!

Ride on brother.

you are welcome.

This worked - many thanks!!

I’m running Windows on a Dell XPS, and I have issues connecting after the last updates from Zwift and the 0.38 firmware update on Tacx Neo 2T. My husband has no issues.
My difficulty is that I can connect to Power Source and Cadence albeit with No Signal, and the Controllable will not connect and I can search for it for days and it wont find it.
I have rebooted. I have killed Zwift App and re-installed. I have killed Garmin Tacx App and re-installed.
I have made sure bluetooth on my phone is off. I have started Zwift and checked blue tooth light is off on the Tacx
before-hand and connects when Zwift starts, yet I still have this problem.
Please help. :frowning:

And I tried removing the files that Chris Dolby suggested above and this still did not help.

I’m on Windows 10Pro same my husband’s that works?